Thread: [Retirement] Chris Kunitz

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Retirement] Chris Kunitz

https://www.tsn.ca/four-time-stanley...awks-1.1344039

Chris Kunitz is hanging up his skates. The four-time Stanley Cup champion and Olympic gold medallist announced his retirement on Tuesday after 15 NHL seasons with the Anaheim Ducks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning and Chicago Blackhawks.

The four-time Stanley Cup champion and Olympic gold medallist announced his retirement on Tuesday after 15 NHL seasons with the Anaheim Ducks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning and Chicago Blackhawks.

Kunitz, who scored five goals and posted 10 points in 56 games in his first year with Chicago this past season, will remain the Blackhawks, joining the team's hockey operations department as a player development adviser.

Forward Chris Kunitz announced his retirement following 15 seasons in the @NHL. Congrats on an incredible playing career Kuni!

Kunitz now joins the Blackhawks hockey ops department as Player Development Adviser, assisting Chicago's coaching staff as well as the @goicehogs staff! pic.twitter.com/PyypVzb469
    — Chicago Blackhawks (@NHLBlackhawks) July 30, 2019

The 39-year-old ends his playing career with 268 goals and 619 points in 1,022 NHL games. He added 27 goals and 83 points in 178 playoff games over the course of his career, missing the postseason on just four occasions.

"I feel very fortunate to have been a part of four amazing organizations over the last 15 years," Kunitz said Tuesday. "First and foremost, I'd like to sincerely thank the Anaheim Ducks, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Chicago Blackhawks. Every one of these organizations was the ultimate example, not only to me, but to my children, on what true professionalism should be.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: [Retirement] Chris Kunitz

pouring one out for a real legend, olympic champion Chris Kunitz.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

In 2012-13 and 2013-14 he was one of the best fantasy power forwards around. Absolutely ridiculous.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I met Chris Kunitz at the door of a sports bar in Pittsburgh. He bet me a beer that no one (else) would recognize him on his way over to his table. Yeah.... He had no chance - even tho he was dressed like a college grad student in a sweater-vest. Best wishes to a quality man.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    In 2012-13 and 2013-14 he was one of the best fantasy power forwards around. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Sidney Crosby turned this man into a god damn Olympian. He's probably my favorite Sid running mate of all time, slightly ahead of Pascal Dupuis. HM to Marian Hossa, although it was so short lived.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Sidney Crosby turned this man into a god damn Olympian. He's probably my favorite Sid running mate of all time, slightly ahead of Pascal Dupuis. HM to Marian Hossa, although it was so short lived.
    For a H2H multi-cat title run in 2013 I had Kunitz, Dupuis and Hossa on my team. Also had Brenden Morrow who was traded to Pittsburgh that same year and ended the year on a tear.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

He certainly carved out a nice little career riding Sid's coattails. Strange the the ones you don't expect to gel with superstars sometimes do, and that was the case with Kunitz. He just seems to work well with Sid even though he wasn't no where near the same level. He had no business on that top line and yet, it worked.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He certainly carved out a nice little career riding Sid's coattails. Strange the the ones you don't expect to gel with superstars sometimes do, and that was the case with Kunitz. He just seems to work well with Sid even though he wasn't no where near the same level. He had no business on that top line and yet, it worked.
    Crosby has always been the most elite "grinder" in the NHL in my estimation. His style of play along the boards was perfectly complemented by a guy like Chris Kunitz. He could skate very well, he was great on the forecheck, he had decent hands unlike Dupuis, and he was a talented enough finisher to clean up the chances provided by Sid. It's not like he was just some scrub or something, but playing with Crosby allowed him to unlock a level of upside I don't think even he knew he had.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Nice career for an undrafted college player.

Yeah, I won a pool with him on my team in 2012-13.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Decently useful player who worked hard and found his niche. Happy trails CK!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket