Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jay's have dealt Stroman to the Mets

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Jay's have dealt Stroman to the Mets

The Mets prospect pool is terrible, especially for pitchers. This return is going to be disappointing.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1155604551187271680?s=19

Mets reportedly acquire RHP Marcus Stroman from Blue Jays, source tells @jonmorosi. https://t.co/KrEGOUogbn https://t.co/4sZn8imK1d
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Jay's have dealt Stroman to the Mets

Eek. That doesn't sound good.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

USA Today is reporting: trade has not been formally completed.
    In return, the Blue Jays are set to receive pitching prospects Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods-Richardson. Kay, currently in Class AAA, was a first-round pick in 2016 and made his pro debut last year following Tommy John surgery. Woods-Richardson, 18, was a second-round pick in 2018 and has made 20 starts this season at Class A.
    Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ys/1853202001/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    USA Today is reporting: trade has not been formally completed.
    In return, the Blue Jays are set to receive pitching prospects Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods-Richardson. Kay, currently in Class AAA, was a first-round pick in 2016 and made his pro debut last year following Tommy John surgery. Woods-Richardson, 18, was a second-round pick in 2018 and has made 20 starts this season at Class A.
    Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ys/1853202001/
    Neither prospect is ranked in the top 100 prospects for anyone that I can find.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Best I can find is 4th and 6th best prospects from the Mets (as well as the Mets top 2 pitching prospects).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Best I can find is 4th and 6th best prospects from the Mets (as well as the Mets top 2 pitching prospects).
    Just because its the best pitching prospects the Mets have doesn't mean they are good prospects.

Sad that this is the best they could do.

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't know a lot about baseball, but this seems not good.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Seems like the kind of trade that neither fanbase is happy about.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Great One

Just because its the best pitching prospects the Mets have doesn't mean they are good prospects.

Sad that this is the best they could do.
    For whatever it's worth; snippets from Baseball America. Sounds like there is a wide degree of consensus about how these two project moving forward, especially Kay...

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-in-bold-move/

Kay is a power lefthander with a fastball that sits at 93 mph and regularly reaches 95-96 mph. He complements his fastball with a curveball he can land to both sides of the plate and a changeup that plays well against righthanded hitters with sink at the bottom of the zone. Kay's arsenal is that of a mid-rotation starter or better, but his control and command are inconsistent and make him a back-end starter in the eyes of most evaluators. He is nearly major league ready and could make his debut this year.

Woods-Richardson is a 6-foot-3 power righthander who pounds the strike zone with his power arsenal. His four-seam fastball reaches 95-96 mph and his cutter sits at 92 mph, giving him two hard offerings to front his four-pitch mix...Woods-Richardson struggles leaving the ball up and gets hit as a result sometimes, but evaluators feel he could be an impact starter once he learns to work the edges of the strike zone. He earns wide praise for his fearless, bulldog mentality on the mound and aggressiveness in attacking hitters.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

When you’re determined to trade an asset no matter what, you really kneecap your leverage. By all accounts that’s how the Jays felt and the league knew it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Frig. These two clowns are horrible managing this team. Atkins and Shapiro taking GM101 courses from Pierre Dorion?

Sigh. Please hickey return soon.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    When you’re determined to trade an asset no matter what, you really kneecap your leverage. By all accounts that’s how the Jays felt and the league knew it.
    It didn't help that Stroman wouldn't keep his damn mouth shut. I wonder if he was still salty about the arbitration issue a couple years ago when the Jays wouldn't budge on relatively minor difference. Then came the feeble attempt by the Jays telling they league they may decide to keep him after all. Just an annoying situation really.

That being said Stroman always gave 110% for this team and he did embrace the city so I will miss him. The guy has a lot of heart, and wears it on his sleeve. I wish him the best of luck with his new team.

As for the return coming back, I think the issue is the market. Teams aren't willing to overpay. I think grabbing young arms with upside is not a bad idea though. From what I've heard and read about the two young guys we got they may have some untapped potential. Steve Phillips gave this trade a B. I'm optimistic that hopefully one of these guys pans out.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

As much as I don't like the return (not that I expected I would), I am very happy that he didn't go to the Yankees or Red Sox. I hate trading within the AL East. I read the asking price from the Yankees was pretty high (as it was with other teams) and I am glad it was. It should be if you are going to trade within your division. Too bad they couldn't snag a highly ranked prospect for Stroman.

Dobber Sports Jedi

As much as I don't like the return (not that I expected I would), I am very happy that he didn't go to the Yankees or Red Sox. I hate trading within the AL East. I read the asking price from the Yankees was pretty high (as it was with other teams) and I am glad it was. It should be if you are going to trade within your division. Too bad they couldn't snag a highly ranked prospect for Stroman.
    Guaranteed one or both offered significantly more for Stroman. Gotta think they had better offers from non-divisional teams too.

Love that Stroman went all Tavares on this trade.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Don't understand why they wouldn't wait until the deadline day. How do they know the market wouldn't change or someone wouldn't get desperate. Very frustrating.

Also annoyed that no one from the Jays has come out and made a statement. Really starting to hate their management now.