Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prospect report: unranked goalies

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Prospect report: unranked goalies

I bet guys in that league are salivating at the prospect of drafting a guy like Askarov next year. He's going to be a monster.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I found this thread while searching for info on Matiss Kivlenieks, and since there are 2 Flyers goalies on the list, I figured I'd give some insight on them.

Lyon is playing well again at Lehigh Valley, and he's looked solid from what I've seen, which hasn't been much, but I expect to catch them a couple times this season. H'es playing better than J-F BErube, and I think it's possible he'd be the callup if an injury occurs.

I haven't gotten to Reading to see Ustimenko, and they aren't ever on TV that I know of, but I know someone who goes a few times a year. They say he's struggling a bit, but the team is shaky defensively.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

From you list, Keyser is probably the only guy who has a chance at becoming a use fantasy goalie. However, there's no way you should be wasting roster spots on goalies who might become NHL back ups in a few years. Don't bother wasting picks on goalies since until after they are proven AHL goalies since very few goalies go from any other league to the NHL.