Thread: Makar vs Dahlin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Makar vs Dahlin

Who do you prefer for next season only, Makar or Dahlin in a multicat league?

Administrator

Default Re: Makar vs Dahlin

Dahlin

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Another vote for Dahlin.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

With a full season under his belt, Dahlin very easily here.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

The Great One

Dahlin in multi-cat format.

I'd perfer Makar in a points-only format, though. Wouldn't shock me at all if Makar scores 50+ pts this coming season, surpassing Dahlin's rookie total of 44.

We haven't had a rookie dman score over 50 pts in a very long time, but I think Makar will do it.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Giant

Very easily it's Rasmus Dahlin.

I think people may need to pump the brakes a bit with Makar. He's going to be a very good player for a lot of years, but it seems a bit premature to simply assume he's going to get the bulk of PP1 minutes with MacK, Rantanen, Landeskog, and Kadri. I think Girard is a legit candidate for those minutes, as well, and is probably their #1 defenseman right now. Top pair is probably going to Girard-Johnson and they will probably get a ton of minutes. It's likely the second pair will often be Cole-Makar, but again it may be premature to expect Makar to play a full season of top-four minutes in the NHL right off the bat. It's a lot to expect of any young player.

This dude is going to be a really good player, but it could take him some time to adjust to the NHL game. I know, I know ... 6 points in 10 playoff games is very impressive. I'm not disputing that, but to expect a rookie D to play big minutes in the top-four while eating all the important PP1 minutes seems really optimistic. I realize it seems like I'm trying to poke holes in Makar's value, but like c'mon man, we're talking about Rasmus Dahlin here. The kid was already a really good NHL top-four defenseman last season as a dang 18-year old, and he's only going to get better. Dahlin is the superior asset, whether we're talking points-only / multi-cat / dynasty / whatever, it's just not even close.

Dahlin 100%
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Very easily it's Rasmus Dahlin.

I think people may need to pump the brakes a bit with Makar. He's going to be a very good player for a lot of years, but it seems a bit premature to simply assume he's going to get the bulk of PP1 minutes with MacK, Rantanen, Landeskog, and Kadri. I think Girard is a legit candidate for those minutes, as well, and is probably their #1 defenseman right now. Top pair is probably going to Girard-Johnson and they will probably get a ton of minutes. It's likely the second pair will often be Cole-Makar, but again it may be premature to expect Makar to play a full season of top-four minutes in the NHL right off the bat. It's a lot to expect of any young player.

This dude is going to be a really good player, but it could take him some time to adjust to the NHL game. I know, I know ... 6 points in 10 playoff games is very impressive. I'm not disputing that, but to expect a rookie D to play big minutes in the top-four while eating all the important PP1 minutes seems really optimistic. I realize it seems like I'm trying to poke holes in Makar's value, but like c'mon man, we're talking about Rasmus Dahlin here. The kid was already a really good NHL top-four defenseman last season as a dang 18-year old, and he's only going to get better. Dahlin is the superior asset, whether we're talking points-only / multi-cat / dynasty / whatever, it's just not even close.

Dahlin 100%
    Certainly Dahlin 100%...that said, if Dahlin can score 44 pts with the anemic Buffalo offense, Makar has a legit shot at eclipsing 50 with the firepower in Colorado. There were many critics before last season that were saying the things about Dahlin that you are saying about Makar. That is, rookie dmen need time to adapt...they don't get top PP minutes in their first year...we haven't had a rookie dman score over 40 pts in X number of years...etc. Dahlin proved all those critics wrong, and I firmly believe that Makar is an even better position to do even more than what Dahlin did in his first year (offensively speaking).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

I own Makar and I'm very very very high on him but I'd trade him for Dahlin if given the chance.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dahlin
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Another Dahlin vote. He will be primed for a deployment increase in Buffalo after a full season under his belt. Plus he's probably just the better overall player right now (as good as Makar projects).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Makar looks very, very good, but I can't see any plausible argument for him over Dahlin.

Dobber Sports Giant

dahlin everytime.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Legend

Makar is going to explode onto the scene offensively like Shayne Gostisbehere did--I legit think he scores 50 as a rookie.

But Dahlin is special and in a multi-cat you have to go with him. If he's used properly (PP1) he should score 50-55 and bring all the extra goodies along with points.

That said, as a huge Dahlin fan (and fantasy owner) I have some concerns about the way the Sabres will be utilizing him for next few years at least--but I hope I'm wrong.

Like other young D horses such as Lidstrom, Markov, Karlsson, etc., the Sabres should be giving this kid all the top PP time he can handle. Instead, he's been yo-yo'd around on the main PP for the likes of Ristolainen and Okposo.

Now that the Sabres have Montour, there's yet another one-dimensional D the Sabres need to find juicy, offensive minutes for.

Hopefully they hand Dahlin the keys to the PP and let Ristolainen and Montour gobble up the leftovers. If not, Dahlin's digits will be semi-limited until he takes over the reigns.

All elite, offensive D men in the game count on top PP time to pad their stats--Karlsson, Burns, Carlson, Rielly, Subban, Barrie, Ghost, Klingberg--these guys live on the PP.

I hope Dahlin doesn't fall into the "he's so good all-around, we can play him in other situations and give the other kids PP time" trap in Buffalo. He did under Housley for most of the season.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka