Thread: My Draisaitl for M. Tkachuk+

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My Draisaitl for M. Tkachuk+

This is for the league in my sig - 11 team points only keeper league with salary cap (this is year 5 of 5).

I was just offered M. Tkachuk and A. Mantha for my Draisaitl

The only thing keeping me from accepting is Tkachuk’s RFA status and my limited cap with Point still needing a contract.

as it stands I have about 20M in cap with Point and White to sign (though I would look to trade White if I were to accept this deal).

Need your expert opinions. Will rep where I can.

thank you in advance.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: My Draisaitl for M. Tkachuk+

How many do you keep year to year? That's crucial info.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

This is the last year of the keeper.

We only need to drop 7 players (which I've already taken care of). Otherwise you can have as many players as you like as long as they fit under the cap.

We start 13 forwards (position doesn't matter) 6 D and 1 goalie.

FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    How many do you keep year to year? That's crucial info.
    My initial reaction is that Draisaitl is an incredible value contract, and unless Mantha is a massive upgrade over someone on your roster, I wouldn't want to swap out that value for Tkachuk's big payday, and then Mantha's. Especially considering you've got limited space, and Point to sign as well. Having some extra cap space is really valuable if you're loading up for a championship run.

Looking at your roster, I'd pass.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Just updated it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    My initial reaction is that Draisaitl is an incredible value contract, and unless Mantha is a massive upgrade over someone on your roster, I wouldn't want to swap out that value for Tkachuk's big payday, and then Mantha's. Especially considering you've got limited space, and Point to sign as well. Having some extra cap space is really valuable if you're loading up for a championship run.

Looking at your roster, I'd pass.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'd move Colin White to make room for Mantha, I think Mantha definitely takes another step this year, and probably hits 60 points, so definitely an upgrade over White. Though if Tkachuck gets anything in the range of 8M long term, this isn't really worth it for me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd pass on this as it's essentially a 1 year league now. treat it as such.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

I think I’m pretty set on rejecting the offer, but how much do you think someone like Colin White will get paid? If he gets anything in the range of 4-5M than Mantha becomes a solid upgrade in my eyes, that is if Tkachuk settles in the 7M range as well.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm guessing they opt with a bridge so they can see what kind of offensive upside White actually has in the NHL. Probably a two-year pact makes the most sense for both parties. I'll say 2 years x $2.5 million, nice solid bridge deal for both sides. If he can pop 50 points playing with Tkachuk for a full season at $2.5 million, that's great value for you.

Assuming Draisaitl gets, say 90 points and White gets 40 points, if we view Tkachuk as a 70-point player, Mantha would have to exceed 60 points to bring any kind of value. Then there's the cap hit to consider, which affects your ability to make moves in order to contend.

If we put Draisaitl at 100 points, and White around 50, then Mantha has to be near point-per-game just to bring the deal close to a wash. I'm thinking your best bet is to stick with White, hoping he gets a cheap bridge and puts up about 50 points. I see no reason why McDavid and Draisaitl won't be continuing to play together with the abysmal winger depth in Edmonton, so 90+ points is a safe projection.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'm guessing they opt with a bridge so they can see what kind of offensive upside White actually has in the NHL. Probably a two-year pact makes the most sense for both parties. I'll say 2 years x $2.5 million, nice solid bridge deal for both sides. If he can pop 50 points playing with Tkachuk for a full season at $2.5 million, that's great value for you.

Assuming Draisaitl gets, say 90 points and White gets 40 points, if we view Tkachuk as a 70-point player, Mantha would have to exceed 60 points to bring any kind of value. Then there's the cap hit to consider, which affects your ability to make moves in order to contend.

If we put Draisaitl at 100 points, and White around 50, then Mantha has to be near point-per-game just to bring the deal close to a wash. I'm thinking your best bet is to stick with White, hoping he gets a cheap bridge and puts up about 50 points. I see no reason why McDavid and Draisaitl won't be continuing to play together with the abysmal winger depth in Edmonton, so 90+ points is a safe projection.
    Solid, thank you!