Thread: Murray for Fleury

The Great One

Default Murray for Fleury

I'm contending this year and would also have to give up some decent assets- mid tier picks and prospects- but it nets me a guy who has a lot more hockey to play, has a decent amount of bounceback potential (if he can stay healthy), and is a cap savings (for now at least until he signs a big extension).

That being said MAF was a beast last year and Vegas looks even stronger on paper - Stone especially helps out on D just as much as O. My concern n is that at his age MAF will fall off fast when he does fall and he won't have any value. I've got ZERO goalie prospects in a league where goalies are hard to acquire. My other tendies are Andersen, Mrazek, and Mierzlikins. I feel like adding Murray makes a four active quatra I could rely on for several years.

Is it nuts to move MAF plus for Murray in a contending season?

14 teams. Daily lineup changes. Salary cap league floats 30 million over the NHL cap. Deep farm system (mine is totally barren however).

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Murray for Fleury

If you only have to add mid tier prospects and picks to MAF to get Murray in a cap dynasty, you make that happen as soon as possible before the other guy reconsiders.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Giant

if you really think you can win it this year I'd keep maf. otherwise I wouldn't mind tossing in a few mid tier guys to get Murray.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

The Great One

In a cap dynasty, I do this. I just don't see it costing you a title this year, and in a start 2G, Andersen and Murray will have you set for a long, long time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would do the deal. Murray maybe as good if not better than Fleury this upcoming season. You are worried that you may give up the guy who will be better for the next 2 seasons, when you are contending, but like I said, it may end up being even for the next 2 seasons. Just you are winning the deal after that - not a big deal...
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Elvis is a prospect, just one that you will know a lot more about soon.

I'd do that, because Murray's value when he doesn't completely suck is above Fleury's, and you have injry insurance, which you need because that's true of either one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.