Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Shattenkirk done?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Is Shattenkirk done?

Can this guy still retain a PP QB spot in the Rangers (team future looks very bright suddenly)

Or is he gone?

Trouba doesn't strike me as a #1PPQB type of guy, but he will be getting the big bucks for the next few seasons.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Is Shattenkirk done?

I would say unless the Rangers pay assets to someone to take his Seabrook-esque contract off their hands he will be wheeled out there a lot. Shatty is all of a sudden a big concern now that NYR has put themselves into cap hell with the gigantic spending spree of $20+ million per season to Panarin and Trouba. They have to be praying for some sort of revival that could allow them to move Shatty's contract.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I would say unless the Rangers pay assets to someone to take his Seabrook-esque contract off their hands he will be wheeled out there a lot. Shatty is all of a sudden a big concern now that NYR has put themselves into cap hell with the gigantic spending spree of $20+ million per season to Panarin and Trouba. They have to be praying for some sort of revival that could allow them to move Shatty's contract.
    Shattenkirk's contract is nothing like Seabrook's, so that's a pretty big exaggeration. Seabrook is 34 and has 5 more years x $6.875 million with a full NMC, while Shattenkirk is still 30 years old and has 2 more years x $6.65 million with a partial NTC (10/8-team no trade list). This doesn't even get into the fact that Seabrook is a complete drain at 5v5 with some of the worst defensive impacts among regular NHL defensemen. Shattenkirk isn't great at this point, but he's definitely not in Seabrook territory.

shatt-seabrook.png

I'm certain the Rangers would like to be able to get out from under his contract, but he's still a decent player and there's only two years left on the term. Nothing catastrophic. Shattenkirk, Staal, Lundqvist and Brendan Smith contracts all expire in two seasons, and Strome and Namestnikov will be off the books after next season -- that's over $32 million off the cap in the next two seasons without even talking trades, buyouts, etc.

If he's still on the Rangers when the season opens, I'd expect he still gets some looks with the PP1 unit. Trouba, Shattenkirk, Fox, and DeAngelo will probably all get opportunities at one point or another. I think there's going to be a lot of competition over the early parts of the season for these prime spots, and it's really anybody's guess how it shakes out. Obviously stuff like salary is going to play a big factor in who gets first (and the most) opportunities but I wouldn't count anyone of these guys out completely. It's a tough situation to read.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think he will be bought out.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Administrator

To answer the thread title, no he is not done. He just produced at a 30-point pace. He's been disappointing but he's an NHL-level D. I agree he'll be bought out at some point and be a decent contributor elsewhere. If anything I'd say he's done being considered a golden boy PP1 guy for any team. He'll be more of a secondary producer like he is right now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

His best years are behind him for sure but he can help on PP2. I see him around 30-35 points for next season which is not bad.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think he will not do well if the Rangers keep him, but I believe that a trade or more likely a buy-out is in the cards. I do believe that he will bounce back if he gets in a better spot on a new team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So what do you think about today's buyout of Shatty? I think this will be better for him, as he is not stuck in NY, and will probably thrive in a better situation somewhere else.

What do you think are his chances of bouncing back now?

Dobber Sports Master

50. No more. I still see 40 there but that’s the old 35 in the higher scoring league that is this NHL.

Administrator

I think it's going to be a lateral move for the most part. No crazy bounce-back season. I just don't think he's going to land somewhere and be the undisputed PP1 dman.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

I think he would be on les canadiens.. teeing up Weber.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I think he will be bought out.
    LuigiC173 for the win!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He was bought out, which is the point. What will happen next?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by defenseman 5 View Post
    He was bought out, which is the point. What will happen next?
    Guessing he will Leave the Rangers��

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Of course he will. But what is your prediction about how he will do on another team? Will he bounce back or is he finished being a 30-50 point fantasy player?