Thread: Keep 4 Questions

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Keep 4 Questions

Good morning folks,

I'm in a 12-team ROTO limited keeper league with GP max limits at each position: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench. Scoring categories are: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG // W, GAA, Sv%, Saves, Shutouts.

I won the league by a huge margin last year (29.5 standings points) but now I'm faced with some seriously difficult keeper questions for a keep-4 league like the one detailed above. I can only keep 4 guys, but I've got a ton of quality options. Help me narrow down this list to the 4 best keepers with the above settings.

C: MacKinnon, Bergeron
    LW: Landeskog, Skinner
    RW: Kucherov, P. Kane
    D: Karlsson, Giordano, Carlson, Byfuglien
    G: Bobrovsky, Gibson, Grubauer

So ... which 4 of these guys would you say are my keepers? Right now the guys in italics are the options toward whom I'm leaning, but I'm open to being convinced that my choices are dumb.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Big Daddy

Default Re: Keep 4 Questions

I’d keep Karlsson over Bobrovsky and redraft my goalies.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I’d keep Karlsson over Bobrovsky and redraft my goalies.
    I considered this exact option, but with 5/12 categories for goalies (and only 4D spots) I figured it would be beneficial to lock up the most consistently good one. Thanks for the perspective.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Id keep Karlsson over PKane. I like the other choices.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I considered this exact option, but with 5/12 categories for goalies (and only 4D spots) I figured it would be beneficial to lock up the most consistently good one. Thanks for the perspective.
    What is the likeliness of the other 11 teams all keeping a goalie? This of course should be a big factor in your decision.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good morning folks,

I'm in a 12-team ROTO limited keeper league with GP max limits at each position: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench. Scoring categories are: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG // W, GAA, Sv%, Saves, Shutouts.

I won the league by a huge margin last year (29.5 standings points) but now I'm faced with some seriously difficult keeper questions for a keep-4 league like the one detailed above. I can only keep 4 guys, but I've got a ton of quality options. Help me narrow down this list to the 4 best keepers with the above settings.

C: MacKinnon, Bergeron
    LW: Landeskog, Skinner
    RW: Kucherov, P. Kane
    D: Karlsson, Giordano, Carlson, Byfuglien
    G: Bobrovsky, Gibson, Grubauer

So ... which 4 of these guys would you say are my keepers? Right now the guys in italics are the options toward whom I'm leaning, but I'm open to being convinced that my choices are dumb.
    Thats tha all-star team Tough, tough decision for sure. I will definitely keep MacKinnon and Kucherov. Before to pick my other two, can you tell me what 4 players you kept last season and the season before and how that impacted your draft?
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Thats tha all-star team Tough, tough decision for sure. I will definitely keep MacKinnon and Kucherov. Before to pick my other two, can you tell me what 4 players you kept last season and the season before and how that impacted your draft?
    I made some trades this season, sending out Jack Eichel + PK Subban for Bergeron + Erik Karlsson. It was near the deadline, and I was already pretty certain Eichel wasn't going to make the keeper short list as a center. I figured Bergeron - Eichel was kind of a lateral move in a single-season, and snagging a potential keeper in Karlsson was worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure my keepers last year were MacKinnon, Eichel, Kucherov, and P. Kane. I focused on elite goalies and defense early on in the draft with Bobrovsky, Gibson, and Carlson and ended up hitting a bunch of mid-to-late round home runs with Landeskog, Skinner, Giordano, and Byfuglien. Grubauer was actually picked up off the wire down the stretch, but he's not really in any kind of consideration for a spot. I don't believe that many goalies are kept, in general, so I can see the argument for re-drafting them.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I made some trades this season, sending out Jack Eichel + PK Subban for Bergeron + Erik Karlsson. It was near the deadline, and I was already pretty certain Eichel wasn't going to make the keeper short list as a center. I figured Bergeron - Eichel was kind of a lateral move in a single-season, and snagging a potential keeper in Karlsson was worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure my keepers last year were MacKinnon, Eichel, Kucherov, and P. Kane. I focused on elite goalies and defense early on in the draft with Bobrovsky, Gibson, and Carlson and ended up hitting a bunch of mid-to-late round home runs with Landeskog, Skinner, Giordano, and Byfuglien. Grubauer was actually picked up off the wire down the stretch, but he's not really in any kind of consideration for a spot. I don't believe that many goalies are kept, in general, so I can see the argument for re-drafting them.
    Little late but I approve this trade
    So for me Karlsson should be the 3th keeper after Kucherov and MacKinnon. You can go on that route by keeping one C, a wing, a defenceman and a goalie. But with the goalies you never know what you are gonna get + you say that you can target top goalie early in the draft. At lest there will be options for sure. Bobrovsky could be a 40+ wins guy. Gibson before last season was the only goalie with 3 consecutive seasons active streak with .920 sv % before finishing last season with .917 which is kind of miracle considering the horrific season Anaheim had. But still it would be more wise just to go with Patrick Kane and target one of the top goalies early in the draft.
    That are the four for me: Kane, Karlsson, MacKinnon and Kucherov.
    Devils & Predators fan