Thread: Is lindholm for real?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is lindholm for real?

Was it a one year wonder or is he amongst the players with 70+ constantly?
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Is lindholm for real?

If he can stay on the top line and first PP, I think 70 is sustainable. That being said, I think closer to 70 than 80 is more realistic moving forward.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Im not sure about Lindholm. Usually Im cautious with drafting players after a career year especially ones that has been in NHL for more than 3 seasons.
    Also it's fair to say that he wasn't used properly in Carolina. If I remember he played a lot of 2nd and 3th line minutes and never had the chance to prove himslef by playing consistently with very good players. So I would say YES I believe he is for real.
    Devils & Predators fan

Big Daddy

I didn’t believe William Karlsson’s breakout season would be repeated and I have the same opinion regarding Lindholm. He’s a sell high player for me.

Dobber Sports Giant

I honestly think he's more of a 65-point guy who had a really awesome first half last year. The deployment should be relatively consistent, but I'm just not sure that he can repeat another season at near point-per-game. He also averaged over 20 minutes per game over the course of the whole season, which is really significant ice time that perhaps a guy like, say, Matt Tkachuk could start to cut into. There's also the fact that Lindholm had an individual Shooting% of nearly 15, whereas he's more of a 10% career shooter.

I don't really think he's a "sell-high" because that would imply he's going to come crashing back down to earth, but I definitely see about a 10-point decrease if the ice time comes down a little bit, and the career-high shooting% regresses a little bit to the mean.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sell high. I think he is a consistent 60 point guy, but 70+ I am not betting on.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's the product of quality linemates. That being said, I don't see that scenario changing much anytime soon so for now, I can see him repeating a similar production for the short term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I think that his linemates and deployment are for real, so I struggle to see a big decrease coming. 70+ points seems safe to me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think a big chunk of Calgary takes a step back after multiple career years at once. Gaudreau is the only one I see as legit and a perennial 90pt guy. Lindholm, Tkachuk, and Giordano all lose 10-ish points IMO. Maybe 15 for Gio.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Ace

I predict 60-65 for Lindholm... I think his icetime drops a minute or 2 per game if Monahan's wrists are fully recovered. Monahan and Linholm played hybrids last year because Monahan wasn't ready to take his historical normal amount of FOs... in fact, Lindholm had a tad more (but at over 500, that is significant and likely the explanation for his 20 mins/gm ice time). Plus if Monahan is back to full centermanship, I could see a trial of Monahan centering Johnny and Tkachuk... Johnny is tiny and the focus of all against him, and Monahan is prone to some injury... might not be insane to add a banger with great net-front sense and a fearless game to keep franchise pieces safe and free to create opps on the ice. I know... devil's advocate, and bias as a huge Tkachuk fan - both of them! LOVE the older school play... I miss it - despite the amazing skill on display in today's game.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I honestly think he's more of a 65-point guy who had a really awesome first half last year. The deployment should be relatively consistent, but I'm just not sure that he can repeat another season at near point-per-game. He also averaged over 20 minutes per game over the course of the whole season, which is really significant ice time that perhaps a guy like, say, Matt Tkachuk could start to cut into. There's also the fact that Lindholm had an individual Shooting% of nearly 15, whereas he's more of a 10% career shooter.

I don't really think he's a "sell-high" because that would imply he's going to come crashing back down to earth, but I definitely see about a 10-point decrease if the ice time comes down a little bit, and the career-high shooting% regresses a little bit to the mean.
    I completely agree with this. I’m expecting a smaller version of what happened to William karlsson to happen for Lindholm. I think a floor of 60 pts is how he should be drafted with the potential to get to 70+. I don’t like how he disappeared for the last quarter of last season.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with most in here - I think he overachieved this year. Having said that, I'll take the over achiever that had a huge season over a guy with potential to do so any day. I think he goes early in drafts this year and gets 65 pts.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm pretty much with the concensus here. I see him as consistently in the 65-70 range.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin