Thread: What to expect from Jonathan Quick

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What to expect from Jonathan Quick

Hi guys . I own Quick in a full keeper league along with Schneider..Mrazek..Varlamov..Talbot..Crawford. Im looking to possibly deal Quick and Crawford. I just got offered Kevin Hayes for Quick straight up which im not thrilled about. Should I hold on to Quick? What are your expectations for him next year and going forward? 4 pts for a win...-2 loss..4 shutout, .2 saves..-1 goal against is the point scheme for our goalies.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: What to expect from Jonathan Quick

If you sell Quick right now he's at his lowest value, hence Hayes. I wouldn't take that deal personally, while not a bad player he's just a perennial 50 point guy. IF Quick can rebound into close to previous form then he's worth a lot more. However, on that LA team that's a huge IF. The only saving grace is that goalies are always valuable and you should be able to land a Hayes type player if you wait it out and see how he rebounds.

As for whether he will or not; honestly the team in front of him isn't great and you can guarantee an injury at some point. His best days are behind him, just like the Kings, but he can still be a top 10-20 goalie in the league, if he stays fit. Again huge IF.

If I was you, I'd be looking to move him but not give him away. Start the season with him in the hopes he and the Kings start hot, then move him before the inevitable DL stint.
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

That is a sell low. Wait until Quick has a good 10 game stretch then make your move. A 45-60 point forward isn't great value for a big name goalie. He had a dreadful year, but if he has any kind of rebound people will start believing again and that's when you make the move. Chances are he will not be anywhere near sub .89 again considering his track record - as bad as the Kings are.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishJet View Post
    If you sell Quick right now he's at his lowest value, hence Hayes. I wouldn't take that deal personally, while not a bad player he's just a perennial 50 point guy. IF Quick can rebound into close to previous form then he's worth a lot more. However, on that LA team that's a huge IF. The only saving grace is that goalies are always valuable and you should be able to land a Hayes type player if you wait it out and see how he rebounds.

As for whether he will or not; honestly the team in front of him isn't great and you can guarantee an injury at some point. His best days are behind him, just like the Kings, but he can still be a top 10-20 goalie in the league, if he stays fit. Again huge IF.

If I was you, I'd be looking to move him but not give him away. Start the season with him in the hopes he and the Kings start hot, then move him before the inevitable DL stint.
    Excellent advice IMHO... you just can sell at all time low value. He has to gain some momentum, so you have to be on the ball at that moment because it will be your last chance to get any value for the once fantasy stud.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)