Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

Deja vu. This is like the Clarkson - Horton swap...
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Deja vu. This is like the Clarkson - Horton swap...
    Not really. Horton was already LTIR fodder and Clarkson was maybe still a player. Toronto just wanted to be able to turn Hortons contract into cap space and the Jackets were hoping Clarkson could still play. The Flames are hoping Lucic can still play and if he can’t (which will be the case) they get a pick. The Oilers get a guy who immediately becomes one of their better wingers and will get a serious shot at being just that. Very different trade with a clear winner (Oilers) vs an all cap zero hockey impact trade.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Not really. Horton was already LTIR fodder and Clarkson was maybe still a player. Toronto just wanted to be able to turn Hortons contract into cap space and the Jackets were hoping Clarkson could still play. The Flames are hoping Lucic can still play and if he can’t (which will be the case) they get a pick. The Oilers get a guy who immediately becomes one of their better wingers and will get a serious shot at being just that. Very different trade with a clear winner (Oilers) vs an all cap zero hockey impact trade.
    Great analysts, tweetdrivr. But I was trying to be funny...I know the differences between the two deals. Just in this trade are involved two players with very bad contracts that showed almost nothing last season. Neal got benched for a game in the playoffs if I remember correctly.. horrible for a player with that cap hit.
    But I also agree that the Oilers should be the winner in this one.
    Devils & Predators fan

Big Daddy

When was the last time Edmonton made a good trade? I get the change of scenery aspect of the deal but besides that, what the hell does this do for Calgary?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    When was the last time Edmonton made a good trade? I get the change of scenery aspect of the deal but besides that, what the hell does this do for Calgary?
    Trims cap a little and salary and fills a bottom six spot.

If they were trying to fill their bottom six, all Treliving had to do was look at what Marc Bergevin has done and up until this point, what Ken Holland has done. There's lots of cheap bottom six guys out there.

Both teams wanted to rid themselves of players who weren't fits for their teams. Both players carry risk. Time will tell if the gamble pays off for either side.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

maybe lucic was able to chat with flames gm and inform him that he'd waive nmc for expansion draft purposes only . I doubt Seattle will be interested in Lucic as their selection from calgary

Dobber Sports Stud

good trade for everyone
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hoping Trey has a side deal with Benning. Lucic is from Van and I know JB had interest in him before. I'm sure Lucic would love to play at home. Fingers crossee haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    maybe lucic was able to chat with flames gm and inform him that he'd waive nmc for expansion draft purposes only . I doubt Seattle will be interested in Lucic as their selection from calgary
    Flames could always sweeten it up like some teams did in the last go around for Vegas.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Great analysts, tweetdrivr. But I was trying to be funny...I know the differences between the two deals. Just in this trade are involved two players with very bad contracts that showed almost nothing last season. Neal got benched for a game in the playoffs if I remember correctly.. horrible for a player with that cap hit.
    But I also agree that the Oilers should be the winner in this one.
    My bad. I didn’t pick up on that obviously. And yes, Neal was scratched for the must win game 5 (which they lost). He was in Peters’ dog house from the get go. Edmonton is about as good a landing spot as he could have hoped for to breathe a little life back into his career.

Can I change my Edmonton Dobber low down poll vote to Neal?? Talk about a potential late round boost to ye olde fantasy roster.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

My bad. I didn’t pick up on that obviously. And yes, Neal was scratched for the must win game 5 (which they lost). He was in Peters’ dog house from the get go. Edmonton is about as good a landing spot as he could have hoped for to breathe a little life back into his career.

Can I change my Edmonton Dobber low down poll vote to Neal?? Talk about a potential late round boost to ye olde fantasy roster.
    It will be interesting to see if Neal can bounce back on a line with McDavid or Draisaitl. He has deep sleeper potential for sure.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn’t be as surprised as Oiler fans if the 3rd ends up being not applicable.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I wouldn’t be as surprised as Oiler fans if the 3rd ends up being not applicable.
    The 21 goals by Neal is a bridge too far or Lucic is going to score enough to be within 10 of Neal? Are you saying Neal is going to be not good in Edmonton or that Lucic will find his game or both? Or neither?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

The 21 goals by Neal is a bridge too far or Lucic is going to score enough to be within 10 of Neal? Are you saying Neal is going to be not good in Edmonton or that Lucic will find his game or both? Or neither?
    Probably neither if it comes to pass. We're expecting a 32 year old to suddenly bounce back to 20-25 goals, when he's scored 14 in his past 100 games if you look at the last quarter of 17-18 plus the past two playoff years. His 7 in 63 regular season games last year is not far off that 100-game pace.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Probably neither if it comes to pass. We're expecting a 32 year old to suddenly bounce back to 20-25 goals, when he's scored 14 in his past 100 games if you look at the last quarter of 17-18 plus the past two playoff years. His 7 in 63 regular season games last year is not far off that 100-game pace.
    While this is true, you aren't really considering his TOI, shooting percentage, or usage last year. Those three things alone could explain why he missed 20 goalies for the first time in his career. For whatever reason, he didn't mesh with Calgary's top-6. Surely he has less competition cracking Edmonton's top 6?