Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

  1. #46
    tweetdrivr's Avatar
    tweetdrivr is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Not to mention he wasn’t riding shotun for the most special player to come along in quite some time the last 100 games...
    12 team Yahoo keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves


    F: Matthews, Laine, Pettersson, Konecny, Burakovsky, B Tkachuk
    D: Carlson, Provorov, DeAngelo
    G: Price, Hellebucyk, Koskinen

    B: Trochek, R Smith, RNH
    IR: Dahlin

  2. #47
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Not to mention he wasn’t riding shotun for the most special player to come along in quite some time the last 100 games...
    Ask Ty Rattie

  3. #48
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Ask Ty Rattie
    Lol are you seriously comparing Neal and Ty Rattie?


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  4. #49
    tweetdrivr's Avatar
    tweetdrivr is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lol are you seriously comparing Neal and Ty Rattie?
    Nailed it. I seem to recall Neal having some pretty good years alongside Crosby - who is also a good hockey player.
    12 team Yahoo keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves


    F: Matthews, Laine, Pettersson, Konecny, Burakovsky, B Tkachuk
    D: Carlson, Provorov, DeAngelo
    G: Price, Hellebucyk, Koskinen

    B: Trochek, R Smith, RNH
    IR: Dahlin

  5. #50
    mounD's Avatar
    mounD is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8,483
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Nailed it. I seem to recall Neal having some pretty good years alongside Crosby - who is also a good hockey player.
    Malkin, but close enough.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

    10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

    C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

    Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

  6. #51
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Pretty drastic stretch to think Neal can keep up with McDavid. He’s far more likely to mesh with RNH than McDavid.

  7. #52
    Location
    Dryden, Ontario.
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    I kinda scratch my head about the whole "can't keep up with such and such" criticism. Maroon was one of the best wingers for McDavid, and has completely lead feet. I don't know if Neal is going to work with McDavid, but he doesn't have to be fast to do so. McDavid accomplishes all the speed work required. Neal needs to be smart about getting to openings, winning battles in front and cashing the numerous opportunities that are going to come available.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

    https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

  8. #53
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lol are you seriously comparing Neal and Ty Rattie?
    My point is that history has demonstrated that riding shotgun for McDavid is not an automatic ticket to glory. Otherwise we wouldn’t still be looking for a wingman after so many years.

  9. #54
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I kinda scratch my head about the whole "can't keep up with such and such" criticism. Maroon was one of the best wingers for McDavid, and has completely lead feet. I don't know if Neal is going to work with McDavid, but he doesn't have to be fast to do so. McDavid accomplishes all the speed work required. Neal needs to be smart about getting to openings, winning battles in front and cashing the numerous opportunities that are going to come available.
    Well 2 things there.

    Firstly, if Maroon was such a good winger for McDavid I’d assume Edmonton would try a little harder to bring him back. Considering he’s been basically free for two summers straight, I’d imagine they aren’t trying too hard to bring him back.

    Secondly, that description is basically the dictionary definition of Lucic’s game. So maybe it’s more than that.

  10. #55
    tweetdrivr's Avatar
    tweetdrivr is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Malkin, but close enough.
    My bad. Not a Pens fan. But Malkin is pretty good too. I seem to recall a lot of PP goals for Neal playing with Crosby?
    12 team Yahoo keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves


    F: Matthews, Laine, Pettersson, Konecny, Burakovsky, B Tkachuk
    D: Carlson, Provorov, DeAngelo
    G: Price, Hellebucyk, Koskinen

    B: Trochek, R Smith, RNH
    IR: Dahlin

  11. #56
    tweetdrivr's Avatar
    tweetdrivr is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    I haven’t looked into it but what do the career sh% numbers look like for Lucic and Maroon?
    12 team Yahoo keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves


    F: Matthews, Laine, Pettersson, Konecny, Burakovsky, B Tkachuk
    D: Carlson, Provorov, DeAngelo
    G: Price, Hellebucyk, Koskinen

    B: Trochek, R Smith, RNH
    IR: Dahlin

  12. #57
    tweetdrivr's Avatar
    tweetdrivr is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Here’s a take from The Score. This guy thinks Neal gets more than 20 goals easily...

    https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1800023
    12 team Yahoo keeper (keep 3)
    6 F, 4 D - 82 max; roster 2 G max - 123 games max
    G,A,PPP,SHP,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,GAA,Saves


    F: Matthews, Laine, Pettersson, Konecny, Burakovsky, B Tkachuk
    D: Carlson, Provorov, DeAngelo
    G: Price, Hellebucyk, Koskinen

    B: Trochek, R Smith, RNH
    IR: Dahlin

  13. #58
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    My point is that history has demonstrated that riding shotgun for McDavid is not an automatic ticket to glory. Otherwise we wouldn’t still be looking for a wingman after so many years.
    Anyone who's paying attention knows there's no guarantee he's riding shotgun with McDavid. Holland has already come out and said Neal will start in the top six, either with McDavid or RNH. He'll let Tippett take it from there, figuring out who he sees the better fit with. I wont be surprised to see him start with McDavid and Draisaitl on the top line to see if they can form something. Right now, it looks like he has to beat out Zack Zassian to slot in there, which in all fairness shouldn't be too hard. Even if it doesn't work out, he will pop down to the 2nd line with RNH. He's going to get PP1 time as well.

    Either way you look at it, he's going to be in that top 6 with a pretty good center.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  14. #59
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    30

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Anyone who's paying attention knows there's no guarantee he's riding shotgun with McDavid. Holland has already come out and said Neal will start in the top six, either with McDavid or RNH. He'll let Tippett take it from there, figuring out who he sees the better fit with. I wont be surprised to see him start with McDavid and Draisaitl on the top line to see if they can form something. Right now, it looks like he has to beat out Zack Zassian to slot in there, which in all fairness shouldn't be too hard. Even if it doesn't work out, he will pop down to the 2nd line with RNH. He's going to get PP1 time as well.

    Either way you look at it, he's going to be in that top 6 with a pretty good center.
    I was responding to a point specifically dealing with McDavid, but your point is well taken.

  15. #60
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    My bad. Not a Pens fan. But Malkin is pretty good too. I seem to recall a lot of PP goals for Neal playing with Crosby?
    I mean. He was on PP1, but no. Neal and Crosby didn’t work very well together at EV nor on the PP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •