Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

Big Daddy

Default [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

Alberta rivals swap bad players/contracts.

James Neal for Milan Lucic.

Maybe some salary retention and a conditional pick. Details not finalized yet.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: [TRADE] Neal - Lucic

If this is somehow 1 for 1 with no salary retention then Oiler fans should be ecstatic. Even with some salary or a conditional second rounder its a nice deal and fresh start for both players.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

I wonder if Neal’s contract is easier to buyout as Lucic’s was mainly signing bonuses
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Pro

OMFG I hope there’s more to this. As bad as Neal was last year Lucic is worse. Plus the Flames are deep on the left side and need help on the right.

The Magnificent One

I agree that straight up this is not a "fair" deal but I assume more will come to light about the particulars. But I do like both guys getting a change of scenery, especially Neal, who I don't think is as "done" as Lucic.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    OMFG I hope there’s more to this. As bad as Neal was last year Lucic is worse. Plus the Flames are deep on the left side and need help on the right.
    Just on this point, the Flames need RHS help. Neal is a LHS, so in that sense, it doesn't really matter. People overvalue RW/LW. It's the same. The only two RHS on the Flames are Lindholm and Ryan. That was true with Neal and is true with Lucic.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just on this point, the Flames need RHS help. Neal is a LHS, so in that sense, it doesn't really matter. People overvalue RW/LW. It's the same. The only two RHS on the Flames are Lindholm and Ryan. That was true with Neal and is true with Lucic.
    Thats got a lot to do with the smoke around Bennett and Puljujarvi as well. Too many LW in Calgary and they needed RW help, which Puljujarvi might be able to fill in with. I am surprised this wasnt part of the Neal-Lucic deal. Hard to say which side balked at it to be honest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

So the Flames don't have to honour Lucic's no-movement clause if I understand that correctly. Either way, the Oilers made out even better by basically gaining a protection spot for the expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    I wonder if Neal’s contract is easier to buyout as Lucic’s was mainly signing bonuses
    Lucic is waaay uglier to buyout, especially the first four years. This just makes no sense for the Flames on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thats got a lot to do with the smoke around Bennett and Puljujarvi as well. Too many LW in Calgary and they needed RW help, which Puljujarvi might be able to fill in with. I am surprised this wasnt part of the Neal-Lucic deal. Hard to say which side balked at it to be honest.
    The problem with that deal is if one takes off the other team gets roasted. At least in this deal, neither player is going to "take off". It won't be surprising to see Neal get back to 20 with RNH, but even then the contract is an overpay. He's not going back to 40.

Dobber Sports Deity

Another nice winning part for the Oilers in this deal.

https://twitter.com/AzorcanGlobal/st...15772212895744

Janes Neal will also not take up a protected spot for #Seattle expansion. Lucic will.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

This is nebulous until we know the deal. I'm pretty sure it is Calgary's choice on whether or not they honor the NMC.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I thought if a player waives their clause to go to a new team it's the new team's choice whether they continue to honour any protection clauses?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    So the Flames don't have to honour Lucic's no-movement clause if I understand that correctly. Either way, the Oilers made out even better by basically gaining a protection spot for the expansion draft.
    This is interesting. Was this done to allow Calgary to flip him to somewhere he doesn't want to go? I imagine that a significant asset would need to be sent with him for a team to take that on though, and that asset should theoretically come from Edmonton, although Calgary is also getting rid of Neal, while Edmonton still has to deal with that contract, so maybe Calgary has to throw in the kicker? I'm giving myself a headache...

Administrator

Found a quick link here from the time of the Subban/Weber trade. Apparently a team can only choose not to honor a protection clause if the clause is not yet in effect.

https://thehockeywriters.com/predato...vement-clause/

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust