Thread: Drop 1 out of Muzzin or Montour

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Drop 1 out of Muzzin or Montour

Hi,

I have the following D in a 8 teams keeper league, points only (1ppg/1ppa), with cap.

Burns
    Karlsson
    Muzzin
    Montour
    DeAngelo

I must drop 2 (1 top 3 and 1 top 6). For cap purpose, I'm dropping Karlsson (too expensive).

Now I need to drop one of Muzzin, Montour and DeAngelo. I need points now. My first intuition is dropping Muzzin or Montour.

For completeness, I have Brannstrom, Heiskanen and Liljegren on the bench.

Who do you drop?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Drop 1 out of Muzzin or Montour

Drop DeAngelo. He's not even guaranteed to be in the lineup with the depth the Rangers have now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I'd drop Montour or DeAngelo...Montour would be my first choice.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Giant

Can you delay this decision for a little while? I'm wondering what your deadline is here, since it seems like Buffalo is still going to be making some moves with the defensemen they currently have under contract -- especially that RH side. If Ristolainen is moved, then I'm absolutely keeping Montour and dumping DeAngelo. Otherwise it's pretty close between DeAngelo and Montour. Both should be secondary PP options on teams with improved depth and basically one really strong top line and PP1 unit.

I'd probably give the slight edge to Montour just based on the fact that I happen to think he is the better player overall. I don't dislike DeAngelo, and there is still some upside to that situation in NY, but there are scenarios that could play out where Montour is the clear winner.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Can you delay this decision for a little while? I'm wondering what your deadline is here, since it seems like Buffalo is still going to be making some moves with the defensemen they currently have under contract -- especially that RH side. If Ristolainen is moved, then I'm absolutely keeping Montour and dumping DeAngelo. Otherwise it's pretty close between DeAngelo and Montour. Both should be secondary PP options on teams with improved depth and basically one really strong top line and PP1 unit.

I'd probably give the slight edge to Montour just based on the fact that I happen to think he is the better player overall. I don't dislike DeAngelo, and there is still some upside to that situation in NY, but there are scenarios that could play out where Montour is the clear winner.
    Thanks for your answer. It’s coming due early September. I think at that time we’ll get more clarity.

I have another option as to trade one of them and drop one of the others. We’ll see.