Thread: Puljujarvi vs this year's draft class - otc

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Puljujarvi vs this year's draft class - otc

I know many have soured on Pulju.. I ha e been one to hold out hope. In the right situation could things be turned around?

Would you rather have Pulju or take a shot on Krebs, Broberg, Seider, Tomasino, R. Suzuki, Kaliev, in a dynasty? (Names that could be there at the pick).

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Puljujarvi vs this year's draft class - otc

I would prefer Krebs, Kaliyev, and Tomasino for sure. All of those guys have really impressed me in what I've seen, and I'd be surprised especially so for Krebs/Tomasino if they weren't impact NHLers in relatively short order. Puljujarvi has done nothing to inspire confidence in his play, and I was one of those "Puljujarvi > Laine" guys back when he was drafted. Now with this trade request and stuff, there are just too many red flags to buy into that situation right now.

I'd much prefer a prospect like Krebs or Tomasino who have both shown high skill / work ethic. It's a bit more of a toss-up with Kaliyev, but I'll take the elite upside that very few 17-year olds in the OHL have matched.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Plujujarvi could end up better then all those guys listed if he ever figures it out, talent is there. However, its huge if, right now he has almost no trade value in most my leagues. Fantasy hockey is all about what you have done for me yesterday and his value is at the bottom. I would stay away from Pulj for now.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this is a good time to acquire Puljujarvi (call me a sucker but I am not ready to give up on him yet) but optics tell us that his value is way below anyone you can get in the 1st round of most larger league drafts right now.

If you own him, and you can get a pick that will get you one of those types of guys, I think I'd do it and see what tomorrows treats will give you down the road.

If you have the pick and trying to acquire Puljujarvi, I'd offer a later pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think this is a good time to acquire Puljujarvi (call me a sucker but I am not ready to give up on him yet) but optics tell us that his value is way below anyone you can get in the 1st round of most larger league drafts right now.

If you own him, and you can get a pick that will get you one of those types of guys, I think I'd do it and see what tomorrows treats will give you down the road.

If you have the pick and trying to acquire Puljujarvi, I'd offer a later pick.
    He's definitely in post-hype sleeper territory at this point. I'm just not sure using a high first round pick is the best way to acquire him now. I think he's a great target with a later pick, but these flashy new 1st rounders should carry more value across most leagues. I agree with Axeman that he's still a decent target, but like he said there are better ways to go about it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

When Jarno passed on him at the Entry Draft and took PLD that was a major red flag that a lot of people missed. Plus the Soilers arent exactly churning out well-developed prospects lately. So there is enough to dislike that I would take every name you mentioned in your OP over Poolparty. He needs to get his confidence back in Europe for awhile, or better yet be dealt by the Soilers to someone who knows what they are doing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

To me, it's 100% situational. Look at Dylan Strome. IMO, it's the same thing here. I'd take Poolparty.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Pro

From that list I'd only take Krebs over him.

I'd also trade Bennett for him in a heartbeat...how about it, Axe?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    From that list I'd only take Krebs over him.

I'd also trade Bennett for him in a heartbeat...how about it, Axe?
    Sure.

Dont mean to hop off the rails here but curious why are you giving up on Bennett so soon? I've seen lots of talk of a Lucic/JP trade fir Neal/Bennett type of trade and most Flames are losing their minds over that thought.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sure.

Dont mean to hop off the rails here but curious why are you giving up on Bennett so soon? I've seen lots of talk of a Lucic/JP trade fir Neal/Bennett type of trade and most Flames are losing their minds over that thought.
    After more than 300 games I think we've seen what Bennett is. Love the way he plays the game, but he's had plenty of opportunity with elite players and shown that he's not that type. I like him a lot, but I think that Puli in the right environment could flourish. Not too many 16 year old play a regular shift in the Liiga.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    After more than 300 games I think we've seen what Bennett is. Love the way he plays the game, but he's had plenty of opportunity with elite players and shown that he's not that type. I like him a lot, but I think that Puli in the right environment could flourish. Not too many 16 year old play a regular shift in the Liiga.
    At this point, I agree, and I don't see "top six" in Bennett's game, but he's going to be a very good 3rd liner grinder with some offense to kick. JP is still a tough to one figure out. As I've said a few times, I am not giving up on him yet and to be honest, I don't think Holland is ready to either.

Dobber Sports Stud

Would you guys move Owen Tippett for Pulj?

League in my sig
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Veteran

1-for-1 I'd just hold onto Tippett I think. If he sweetens the deal a bit I'd give it more consideration. I think there's still hope for Jesse and Tippett could turn out to be a fairly one-dimensional player. Tippett will likely be worth a lot more in leagues that favour goal-scorers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    1-for-1 I'd just hold onto Tippett I think. If he sweetens the deal a bit I'd give it more consideration. I think there's still hope for Jesse and Tippett could turn out to be a fairly one-dimensional player. Tippett will likely be worth a lot more in leagues that favour goal-scorers.
    I might be able to get a pick bump in the 2019 draft from 20 to 14 but thats about it.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard