CAN A MOD DELETE THIS? THIS IS TOO LONG AMD DISJOINTED. POSTING SEPARATELY AS TRADEA IN THE TRADE SECTION...

Full dynasty- floats 30 million over the actual NHL draft. G a p ppp shp pim plus minus AND w has sv% saves and SO. Roster 3c 3rw 3lw 3flex forwards 5d and 8 man bench. Players 2 mil and under can be demoted without clearing waivers (which ends up being important).

So I made a relatively big deal in the off season (skinner Czarnik and (Nils) Lundqvist for Tyler Johnson Gustaafson and Viliardi). In that trade I wanted to address my woefully thin defense and add one more reliable center behind zibanejad and Kadri. I'm a big skinner fan and in this format with sogs and ppp so prominent I think he's a beast. I think TJ is a reasonable fill in as my 3rd center, Viliardi is a decent prospect and Gustaafson (although he think he takes a step back this year) is an affordable dman who should still be solid for 45-50.

Going all in to compete this year- 14 teams. I don't have the best forwards group but it is solid top to bottom, diversified in peripherals and has se modicum of upside. My goalies - while aging- are rock solid, and my d can go toe to toe with anyone in the league. I'm not a favorite but I think I'm definitely in the top third and only need a few Lucky bounces to be competitive af in a weekly hth (daily changes)

C- Ziba Kadri TJ (Hino)
Rw- Tarasenko Gallagher pacioretty (kreider)
Lw- Hall E Kane Forsberg (Perron)
D- EK Krug Hamilton Ghost Gus
G- MAF Andy
Bn- Lehkonen Terry maroon Jarnkrok djoos vuliardi Mrazek mierzlikins

Quick Kovalchuk are guys I own but am too over the cap to roster. Have Vanek as well if he signs. Heed is basically my 6b as I planned on just rostering whoever was better between him and Djoos. Bemstrom is by far my best prospect left on the farm. Dugan and CJ smith golyshev the last forwards with any real upside. Ladue some upside on the Blueline. Sekera z Smith and Rutta are pure injury replacements (no real value).

Trade 1

Djoos a 3 and 5 in 2020 and a 6 in 2021
For
Toffoli bear and Hayden

Thoughts: I'm stupid close to the cap but I prefer Jarnkrok on my farm and I'm not even sure I can afford maroon when he signs. Other gm needed a cheap d (Djoos) which meant to my mind I would just start heed. I thought this was a reasonable price to bank on a TT bouncebqck (I love his sogs per minute)

Trade 2

Quick and a 3 in 2021
For
Hronek and zacha

Thoughts: There's a good chance I sold low on quick here (I really do believe he is primed for a comeback- proven winner whose only had one bad season). That being said hronek filled a massive hole for me at an affordable price. Hronek is a very solid 6th dman on an ELC and pushes heed to the farm where he belongs. Zacha has reasonable upside and as I've stated my farm depth is very poor.

Trade 3

Toffoli zacha Dugan a 6 in 2021
For
Coleman Olofsson and a 3rd in 2021

Thoughts: Coleman's 1.85 million price tag is key here. He can be promoted and demoted without clearing waivers so I've got a contingent of guys who can be moved up in town I'm case injury strikes a core player or one of the prospects I have pencilled in doesn't pan out. I'm a believer in this guy as I think he's got a solid offensive floor (for this format anyways) and brings outstanding sogs and pims. Hes not a gamebreaker but it's just such a good value contract in this format. I'm a huge toffoli fan and think positive regression is coming but cap leagues are about tough choices and I'm right on the cusp of being able to roster pacuoretty- this move might let me do that. I also added goalofsson a prospect I was in dogged pursuit of- lol! The other owner did not want to move him so we'll see how that pans out.

Summary:

So none of these were HUGE deals and I'm not asking for a "grade" as I'm pretty sure I gave up fair value (and in some cases maybe too much- lol!)- but I DO think I solved some real team needs. One look at my roster should indicate that injuries KILLED me last year. I had to walk a fine line of paying out some hefty raises, fleshing out my farm AND adding scoring depth (especially on d a coveted position in this league)- lmao! Not an easy line to straddle.

How did I do?

I'll post my whole "after" roster in a new post as this one's probably huge..