Thread: New keeper draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default New keeper draft

Hey guys,

I'll start in a few weeks a new keeper (points only) and want to know where i can find an example of this kind of draft results on this forum. I can see a prospect draft result but is there someone post a new draft for points only (all players available).

Thanks for your answer.

The Great One

Default Re: New keeper draft

Not sure there are lists like that on the forum, but there is the top 300 list (link below) and dobber's fantasy guide

https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...ers-july-2019/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks bud,

Yeah not sure too, but last summer i saw this kind of draft results for a new keeper and that was interesting to see whats the results.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Patysboy View Post
    Thanks bud,

Yeah not sure too, but last summer i saw this kind of draft results for a new keeper and that was interesting to see whats the results.
    Lists like those pop up from time to time, but they are a bit random. You can't really count on getting a post like that.

Dobber's guide gets releases on August 1st, you can get a full breakdown there...or just go with the free list above. Most of these lists with projections don't come out for until closer to the NHL season...

Dobber Sports Veteran

You can use https://fantasyhockeygeek.com/ to rank all players for your league set up. It wont answer all your needs but will give you an idea for short term. Its always best to draw from as many different places as possible.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    You can use https://fantasyhockeygeek.com/ to rank all players for your league set up. It wont answer all your needs but will give you an idea for short term. Its always best to draw from as many different places as possible.
    Second this advice. FHG rankings customized to your league settings are the absolute BEST way to prepare for an upcoming draft. You'll be able to identify all the sneaky value plays along with getting a general picture of where to draft certain guys relative to their peers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Second this advice. FHG rankings customized to your league settings are the absolute BEST way to prepare for an upcoming draft. You'll be able to identify all the sneaky value plays along with getting a general picture of where to draft certain guys relative to their peers.
    Just curious if FHG is all that useful for points only leagues? Is that really any better than (free) Dobber's top 300 list? And as for FHG's data, isn't that based on Dobber projections (meaning that no data for this upcoming year will be available until his guide comes out on Aug 1st)?

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't think I would bother for points-only leagues, but you can set up an account and use FHG for customized rankings for free. Your best bet at this point would be utilizing rankings based on last year's data and drawing your own conclusions from that.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I don't think I would bother for points-only leagues, but you can set up an account and use FHG for customized rankings for free. Your best bet at this point would be utilizing rankings based on last year's data and drawing your own conclusions from that.
    Thanks. I didn't recommend FHG to OP because it's a points only league. Although, in retrospect, I guess FHG could have a slight edge if the OPs league requires a certain amount of Fs versus Ds. Depending on the relative set up of F's versus D's, that can have a huge impact on rankings...and I do know FHG will account for that...