View Poll Results: Montreal Lowdown on...?

Voters
70. This poll is closed
  • Tomas Tatar

5 7.14%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

8 11.43%
  • Jonathan Drouin

20 28.57%
  • Philip Danault

5 7.14%
  • Jesperi Kotkaniemi

16 22.86%
  • Jordan Weal

2 2.86%
  • Victor Mete

10 14.29%
  • Joel Armia

4 5.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy Guide Lowdowns 2019 - Vote your MTL player here

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Fantasy Guide Lowdowns 2019 - Vote your MTL player here

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    That’s what I’m saying. He needs to grow up and quit playing lazy most of the time. Maturity should bring intensity and the desire to win. He still plays like an f’ing high school kid. Like I said, I’d like to see him traded because I can’t stand watching him play right now. His leash with both Julien and Bergevin should be short. I hope he figures it out soon or he can go do it somewhere else. My point on Kotkaniemi is that he IS an F’ing high school player. Getting a low down on him right now would be like asking for the low down on someone your team might draft next season...there isn’t the data, size, or experience there yet to make a worthwhile prediction. I can see that in his play. Just too early to say. The raw materials are there. That’s why I figured maybe you weren’t a big Habs watcher. Apologies.
    No worries. I don't disagree with you re: Kotkaniemi, but I am curious what this season brings. To me, that will play more into Drouin than Drouin himself. If Kotkaniemi can take a step forward this year, and move up between the big boys, that could help a lot of people. The Habs really shouldn't have Domi as the 1C but unfortunately, he's their best option right now until someone like Kotkaniemi (their only real possible 1C in the organization IMO) takes the next step. I voted for Kotkaniemi and not Drouin because I wanted to know how Dobber felt about that situation and whether this year he takes a step or is just another development year for him. Drouin is what he is. I don't need Dobber to tell me that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

I had originally voted for Danault but Kotkaniemi intrigues me as well. If this change could be counted, I would appreciate it. I would prefer Kotkaniemi over Drouin.

Dobber Sports Stud

Wish Domi was in the poll.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be fair, I think we've seen what we are going to get from Drouin and the best was in Tampa Bay. The only way I see him reaching his potential is if we see Kotkaniemi take the next step as his future 1C and even then, Im skeptical now.
    Saying we've already seen his best, before his 24th birthday, is to be fair?

Kotkaniemi better get a move on or in four years you'll say he's topped out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Wish Domi was in the poll.
    He'll be discussed extensively, the best players get covered a lot
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Saying we've already seen his best, before his 24th birthday, is to be fair?

Kotkaniemi better get a move on or in four years you'll say he's topped out

- - - Updated - - -

He'll be discussed extensively, the best players get covered a lot
    Until Montreal puts better pieces around him, I'm not expecting much more. That's why I'm more curious about the pieces around him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

So does Lehkonen jump 10-15 points?? I need to know

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Until Montreal puts better pieces around him, I'm not expecting much more. That's why I'm more curious about the pieces around him.
    The pieces are not nearly as important as his attitude. If he competes hard every night/every shift he’ll make a huge jump regardless of who he’s playing with. Drouin is way more about Drouin than it is about his line mates.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch