Thread: Fabbro or Brannstrom

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fabbro or Brannstrom

Hi everyones!!

I have a hard time choosing between Fabbro or Brannstrom for my last D-man one the opening night. Obviously, I would prefer Montour or even Orlov or Brodie, but I can't because of the salary cap I am so tight.

Other option is to put a guy like Voracek on my bench and replacing him by Buchnevich to be able to put Montour for my last D.

What do you think??

Will REP where I can!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Fabbro or Brannstrom

I think Fabbro is more likely to play the full season in the NHL, but Brannstrom has the higher fantasy upside. Depends which has more value to you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Brannstrom is the better of the 2 but I wouldn't count on Brannstrom playing most of the year for the Sens next season. Barring injury to give him meaningful minutes he should probably stay in Belleville and develop as their #1D. Fabbro will have a good opportunity to perform this year but you should probably just sit tight and see if Buffalo moves Risto before you make any decisions like benching Voracek for Montour.

Dobber Sports Ace

I honestly prefer neither for this year. If someone made me choose I pick Fabbro, just because he's much more likely to get minutes right away. I think Brannstrom is the better own though.

Couldn't you drop Kovalchuk? I can't see anyone wanting to take on that salary with the way the Kings and Kovy are trending.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

The Great One

Brannstrom for me, but I agree that perhaps you can find a way to save money and then keep someone like Orlov, Brodie, or Montour (in that order) instead.

Long-term, I'm very high on Brannstrom but realize he may not play much, if at all, this coming season in the NHL.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think Fabbro is more likely to play the full season in the NHL, but Brannstrom has the higher fantasy upside. Depends which has more value to you.
    Just to be clear, I will keep both in my team, I just want to know who I put in my lineup this year. Thanks!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I honestly prefer neither for this year. If someone made me choose I pick Fabbro, just because he's much more likely to get minutes right away. I think Brannstrom is the better own though.

Couldn't you drop Kovalchuk? I can't see anyone wanting to take on that salary with the way the Kings and Kovy are trending.
    The way we calculate salary for the player is not the real one (it depend of the points the player did the last 3 years). So Kovalchuk is one of my more valuable player this year even if he only manage to score 40 points...but thanks for the advice!

The Great One

I think Fabbro is more likely to play games than Branstrom this year so I'd put Fabbro in your active line up. Next year, likely a different story....