Thread: Hischier upside and career trajectory

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hischier upside and career trajectory

What is Hischier's realistic upside? I mean, he is only 20 yrs old and a former 1.01. They are usually slam dunks, but I have the feeling it was a weaker class...

From what I understand, he is more of an all around real world hockey asset; a 2-way Centre.

Does he project as a Bergeron type? Or more Tavares type?

The last Dobber guide had his upside at 85pts

The addition of Hughes really muddies the situation in NJ of course... short term I think Hischier will be fine holding down 1C, but what happens once Jack fills in a bit more? A second line Centre's upside is capped imo, with reduced minutes and theoretically lesser wingers...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Hischier upside and career trajectory

I think everything you said is correct (weaker draft class, 2nd line C being capped with lesser wingers, 2-way center, etc). I struggle with his value as well and while I think he has a nice spot on the powerplay locked up, I can't see him ever becoming a Tavares type player. If i had to guess now I'd say he's a 70-80 point C during his prime but not really pushing higher.

Dobber Sports Deity

As someone who can say they watched a lot of Hischier in Jr in Halifax, I can tell you hes more offensive than a two way guy. That's not to say his defense wont improve but hes definitely an offensive guy first.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he's definitely 80+, so the Dobber projection is accurate, IMO. Some perspective: two 50-point seasons and he's only 20 years old. Last year he scored at a 56-point pace without Taylor Hall for most of the season...this is with teams keying on him because NJ had no other threats. If anything Hughes will enhance Hischier's offensive upside.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The current NHL is set up with two strong scoring lines needed so 1C or 2C shouldn't matter that much with a good winger on your line.

Have a look at Capfriendly for NJ and you will see this team can be very very different in two years. No long term signings and lots of cap space. Its pretty hard to say how they will look when he is 23-28 so you can only base it on his offensive ability and compete, which are both pretty high from what Ive seen.

Dobber Sports Giant

I think some point-per-game seasons are pretty realistic, especially if NJ can lock up Taylor Hall. He should have a PP1 spot locked up, and some decent wingers at 5v5.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

I expect him to be anywhere between the range of 68 to 85 points throughout his career.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Wizard

65 to 75 points. Don't see superstar in him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.