Thread: NL Dynasty possible deal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default NL Dynasty possible deal.

5x5 Roto NL Dynasty league. Keep 23 guys.

I'm a 6-7 points out of first have an offer to help my weakest category, which is saves.

I'd get Kimbrel and starting pitchers Lamet and Davies (tied together by injury) for Alec Bohm and Luis Urias.

I'm loathe to let top prospects go, but this seems like it might be worth it for the championship, rather than keeper value.

Thoughts?

K.
    Dynasty Keeper
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PIMS, STP (Special Teams Points), Hits
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP

F : Barkov, Crosby, Malkin, Kadri, Novak, Panarin, Marchand, Kaprizov, VerHaeghe, Bunting, Pacioretty, Deslauriers, Kucherov, Barbashev, Kolesar, T. Raddysh, Colton, McBain

D : Burns, Karlsson, Heiskanen, S. Jones, Weegar, Schneider, Theodore on IR

G : Jarry, Gustafsson, Luukkonen, Daccord, Andersen on IR, Campbell in Minors

Prospects : Brisson, Dorofeyev, Miroshnichenko, Brink, Thrun

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NL Dynasty possible deal.

How are you doing this season? One of the top teams, or one of the secondary teams looking to catch up?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

recently arrived in second place (about 3-4 weeks or so), but I've been in the hunt since May. Terrible start to the year and gradually working out of it
    Dynasty Keeper
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP

F : Barkov, Crosby, Malkin, Kadri, Novak, Panarin, Marchand, Kaprizov, VerHaeghe, Bunting, Pacioretty, Deslauriers, Kucherov, Barbashev, Kolesar, T. Raddysh, Colton, McBain

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How big of minor league system do you have? How many minors? Whats the limit on them?

I am in a dynasty league and it always seems like teams are overvaluing their prospects... and its the same 3 or 4 teams that are the top of the league. The other 6 teams are in cosntant rebuild...

I would always be willing to trade the future talent in exchange for a chance to win this year....

And then do some research and add some minor league players with upside.

Look at a player like Jo Adell... I was able to add him last year from free agency... and this year I turned him (along with some other pieces) into Chris Sale....

Every year there are players that shoot up the minor rankings... here are a few that I have been looking at in my league that I think can replace your future talent in order to make the trade. (Again, this depends on how big of minor league system the league has)

Look at:

Julio Rodriguez
    Xavier Edwards
    Shane Bax
    Jordan Groshans
    Tristin Casas

These are all prospects that are a couple years away from the MLB... but these are the guys you want to invest in. Invest in them... and as they work their way up the MLB top prospects list... trade them away for more help and constantly be in win-now mode. And then replenish with more prospects that are a couple years away... rinse and repeat...

I know not all the prospects that are a couple years away are going to end up becoming a top prospect... but I have found that if you do your research you usually should be able to hit on 50% of them... and they usually move up similarly to Jo Adell... and thus increasing significant value for you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We don't have a minor league roster per se. But we have 12 reserves, usually half of which is used on prospects or sleepers.

For example, I have those three guys involved in the deal. I still have Joey Bart and Christian Pache on my bench as hitters and Hunter Greene and Kyle Wright as a pitchers.

So I'm not devoid by any means if I trade those guys. Plus, I'm strong on the infield, my weakness is OF, so keeping Pache seems logical here.
    Dynasty Keeper
    Goalies - W, SO, GAA, SP