Thread: TB / NSH / BUF Three Way

Dobber Sports Titan

Default TB / NSH / BUF Three Way

Completely a product of my own musings, and this in no way is going to happen, but I feel like a deal along these lines could solve a lot of issues for the three teams, and takes into account some rumours that are already circling.

To TB:
    Rasmus Ristolainen
    TB gets a big RHD, and diversifies the lineup a bit.

To BUF:
    Kyle Turris
    Buffalo fills their second line C hole, Turris gets back closer to home, and BUF is dealing from a logjam of RHD anyways.

To NSH:
    Yanni Gourde
    NSH moves a C for a UTIL F, and brings a little more speed. They also gain a little cap space for the impending Josi extension.

How crazy am I on this one?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: TB / NSH / BUF Three Way

It makes so much sense for each team that there's no chance it happens lol!

I really like the idea though.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I value Ristolainen higher than Gourde and Turris.

It's all make sense, but I think Buffalo should/could get a better return for Ristolainen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    I value Ristolainen higher than Gourde and Turris.

It's all make sense, but I think Buffalo should/could get a better return for Ristolainen.
    I definitely understand that stance, but with analytics becoming a much more prevalent tool, Risto is being unearthed as a guy that passes the eye test, but not the numbers test, so I think his value is a little muted to a lot of NHL GMs. Meanwhile, in the fantasy community, especially in multicat leagues, he's very valuable, and that's tough to separate.

I definitely get what you're saying, but second line centres are also tougher to come by, especially ones that are okay playing in Buffalo.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Guru

I feel like Buffalo loses out here big time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't see the motivation for Buffalo. Why would they move Risto for another team's bad contract?

BTW - I love imaginary trade threads!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I don't see the motivation for Buffalo. Why would they move Risto for another team's bad contract?

BTW - I love imaginary trade threads!
    Because they just traded Nylander for Jokiharju and this one makes more sense than that one

You guys are probably right though, Buffalo would expect to get a little more back on a Risto deal.

I think he makes sense as a piece to trade for a similar centre, but there aren't really any others on the market.

Dobber Sports Genius

Buffalo has been thin on the back end for years. Why can't they have Risto and Montour and Miller on the RD (Bogosian is hurt and Jokiharju should be in the AHL)?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Buffalo has been thin on the back end for years. Why can't they have Risto and Montour and Miller on the RD (Bogosian is hurt and Jokiharju should be in the AHL)?
    They definitely can, but it doesn't mean they will. I brought him into this because of all the rumours that he is being shopped, not because I think he should be traded.
    And if he does get traded, they might as well fill their massive hole at C2.

The Great One

This deal makes me want to barf! Turris is signed for 5 more years and he's just not the kind of team you build around. I also wonder if this deal would be saying: "Hi Casey - we'll never see you as a 2nd line centre"? Seriously, if Ristro was traded, and I had the choice between Turris and nothing, I'd choose nothing.

Dom Luszczyszyn recent article on the 10 worst contracts in the NHL had Turris listed as an honourable mention. (Okposo was 3rd on that list).

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd see this making more sense if:
    1) Nashville changed from turris to maybe granlund? He didn't seem to fit well after the deal. Imo a large upgrade from turris but only one year on his deal.

2) cut Nashville out and change tb to maybe palat/killorn + tyjo and have buff add say sheary? Cap balances somewhat close but tb sheds a bit of cap and maybe buff tries to reunite tyjo and palat ?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I'd see this making more sense if:
    1) Nashville changed from turris to maybe granlund? He didn't seem to fit well after the deal. Imo a large upgrade from turris but only one year on his deal.

2) cut Nashville out and change tb to maybe palat/killorn + tyjo and have buff add say sheary? Cap balances somewhat close but tb sheds a bit of cap and maybe buff tries to reunite tyjo and palat ?
    Definitely possibilities that could be realistic enough. If it was just a BUF/TB deal though, I think it would have to be Johnson, as that fills the C hole for Buffalo.