Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading For Makar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trading For Makar

If I am the Makar owner, I take a look at your roster and I want better assets than OEL and Reinhart for sure.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    If I am the Makar owner, I take a look at your roster and I want better assets than OEL and Reinhart for sure.
    Really? With that thinking how will you ever get a deal done? Trades should be based on player value, not GM ability to build a team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Really? With that thinking how will you ever get a deal done? Trades should be based on player value, not GM ability to build a team.
    100% agree. I don't need to make a deal, so if the GM asked for an obscene amount I'll walk away and not be any worse.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Trocheck, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Mangiapane
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Kylington
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Blackwood

Minor Team (No Restrictions):
    F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Norris, Gallagher, Mercer
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The_Flash819 View Post
    100% agree. I don't need to make a deal, so if the GM asked for an obscene amount I'll walk away and not be any worse.
    I agree with this as well, but I'd be curious to see some other rosters in that league because I'd be surprised to find that any of them could compete with what you have. I have to be honest, and I don't mean any offense as I'm sure you came by it honestly but...Your team is flippin' stacked! It seems like you could be viewed kind of like a tyrant in the sense that everyone else should avoid negotiating with you except under really favorable conditions because you have such an enormous asset advantage. Like I stated earlier, that's not meant to be a slight on you, it's just the only way to correct the market when it's that far slanted towards one direction. Otherwise leagues disband due to frustration and lack of competition.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

The Great One

Why would a team that could be in the lottery next year trade a 2020 1st and Makar? It makes no sense to me.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I agree with this as well, but I'd be curious to see some other rosters in that league because I'd be surprised to find that any of them could compete with what you have. I have to be honest, and I don't mean any offense as I'm sure you came by it honestly but...Your team is flippin' stacked! It seems like you could be viewed kind of like a tyrant in the sense that everyone else should avoid negotiating with you except under really favorable conditions because you have such an enormous asset advantage. Like I stated earlier, that's not meant to be a slight on you, it's just the only way to correct the market when it's that far slanted towards one direction. Otherwise leagues disband due to frustration and lack of competition.
    The reason I took issue with what DJ Rection said is because I have been on both sides. I was a clueless pooler in a tough league, tough for many reason that i can see now in hindsight. I spent 6 -7 years learning through mistakes, reading and research and the last two years I won back to back. Point is, his team is likely stacked because he is likely good at building a team that fits the league. A GM that is frustrated by unbalance in a league and being a perpetual bottom feeder should only be frustrated with themselves. I understand the sentiment because I not only felt those frustrations, I am now dealing with the drawbacks of success - many GMs do not want to deal with me anymore.
    The true way to correct the market/balance is for GMs to be active in trade and pickups, be ready for drafts, and learn about how they can make the league setup work in their favor. Not by holding it against those who have. Anyway, I've digressed too much here. Sorry OP.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post

Without context of the rest of the league, I see how this can be misconstrued. There are definitely other teams in this league that are equally as competitive and the rest are on the cusp and can flip-flop any given season. I'm always looking to make a fair deal that benefits both sides, sometimes I do overpay if it's a team towards the bottom though.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Trocheck, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Mangiapane
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Kylington
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Blackwood

Minor Team (No Restrictions):
    F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Norris, Gallagher, Mercer
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The reason I took issue with what DJ Rection said is because I have been on both sides. I was a clueless pooler in a tough league, tough for many reason that i can see now in hindsight. I spent 6 -7 years learning through mistakes, reading and research and the last two years I won back to back. Point is, his team is likely stacked because he is likely good at building a team that fits the league. A GM that is frustrated by unbalance in a league and being a perpetual bottom feeder should only be frustrated with themselves. I understand the sentiment because I not only felt those frustrations, I am now dealing with the drawbacks of success - many GMs do not want to deal with me anymore.
    The true way to correct the market/balance is for GMs to be active in trade and pickups, be ready for drafts, and learn about how they can make the league setup work in their favor. Not by holding it against those who have. Anyway, I've digressed too much here. Sorry OP.
    This is actually the case. I have been lucky with my drafting and fortunate the gambles I took in trades paid off. I'm also one of those people who is constantly doing research year round, which is probably why I have had a leg up in this league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    I wonder how your league Minor system is working lol, almost all those players should be regular in other teams.

I think you can afford to overpay for Makar if you really want him.
    I envisioned a mic drop after reading this. +1
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If I am the other team owner, I'd rather rebuild with Makar and his elite potential and continue drafting other elite talent rather than move him for two good players. Why would I move my best assets if the other GM doesn't want to move his? Those quality vs. quantity type of move between rebuilding teams and top teams only distance the gap between them most of the time.

Trades should be based on player value, yes but I think it depends also on the context.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Makar's perceived value now is much higher than his real value. I would not be looking to buy his stock right now.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.