Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading For Makar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading For Makar

Hi All,

I need your advice! I'm looking to make some moves for my future without hurting my present. I'm looking to acquire Makar and a first for next year and am prepared to offer the following deal to an owner who loves Makar. Would this deal entice you enough?

OEL + S.Reinhart + Jokiharju + 2019 1st Round Pick for Makar + 2019 2nd Round Pick + 2020 1st Round Pick

This team is coming out of a rebuild, but they do have the risk of that pick being a high pick for next season.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Trocheck, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Mangiapane
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Kylington
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Blackwood

Minor Team (No Restrictions):
    F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Norris, Gallagher, Mercer
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Trading For Makar

Is there a maximum roster size? If so, you may need to factor in the 2 players he would need to drop to accept 3 roster players for 1.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Ace

I think what you're proposing to do is somewhat paradoxical. You can't make a move for the future and not hurt you're present. Having said that, if that GM loves Makar, that won't get it done. The 1sts washout, as does the 2nd and Joki, so you're basically offering OEL and Reinhart (who is at or near replacement level) for Makar. I would keep Joki, remove Reinhart and the 2nd and add something else you think will entice him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Flash819 View Post
    Hi All,

I need your advice! I'm looking to make some moves for my future without hurting my present. I'm looking to acquire Makar and a first for next year and am prepared to offer the following deal to an owner who loves Makar. Would this deal entice you enough?

OEL + S.Reinhart + Jokiharju + 2019 1st Round Pick for Makar + 2019 2nd Round Pick + 2020 1st Round Pick

This team is coming out of a rebuild, but they do have the risk of that pick being a high pick for next season.

If the other team is in a rebuild, why trade away Makar? I understand that OEL offers more in peripherals with your league setup, but dealing away Makar plus another 1st rounder seems steep IMO. Without knowing how many keepers and what the other team's roster looks like, I would probably stand pat if I were them.

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I think what you're proposing to do is somewhat paradoxical. You can't make a move for the future and not hurt you're present. Having said that, if that GM loves Makar, that won't get it done. The 1sts washout, as does the 2nd and Joki, so you're basically offering OEL and Reinhart (who is at or near replacement level) for Makar. I would keep Joki, remove Reinhart and the 2nd and add something else you think will entice him.
    I meant that if you look at my roster losing those players won't hurt my chances of competing this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    If the other team is in a rebuild, why trade away Makar? I understand that OEL offers more in peripherals with your league setup, but dealing away Makar plus another 1st rounder seems steep IMO. Without knowing how many keepers and what the other team's roster looks like, I would probably stand pat if I were them.

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.
    I'm looking for honest opinions that is all. I want to make a fair deal and not hurt the other team.

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Trocheck, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Mangiapane

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    Is there a maximum roster size? If so, you may need to factor in the 2 players he would need to drop to accept 3 roster players for 1.
    Max Roster size is 25

Main Team:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Max Roster size is 25
    And is his roster full? If yes, then who would he be dropping? If it's players not too far off from OEL, Reinhart or Rocky Horror Picture Show then he's better keeping Makar.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    And is his roster full? If yes, then who would he be dropping? If it's players not too far off from OEL, Reinhart or Rocky Horror Picture Show then he's better keeping Makar.
    They won't need to drop any players.

Main Team:

Dobber Sports Ace

I meant that if you look at my roster losing those players won't hurt my chances of competing this year.
    Looking at your roster in a 16 team league, I honestly can't fathom how you're not winning already without doing anything. I guess if you really want him though, try OEL and the 1st and don't ask for anything else, if you're really wanting that 2020 1st you'll need to include something like Tkachuk or Arvidsson.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wonder how your league Minor system is working lol, almost all those players should be regular in other teams.

I think you can afford to overpay for Makar if you really want him.

The Great One

FWIW, Makar's value is astronomically too high in most leagues.

I recently offered my Brayden Point for Barzal and Makar. The response I got was that the other person wouldn't do that deal, even if Barzal was removed. In other words, he values Makar more than Point. Ours is a cap league, but that is still insane. Some players just have too much hype early on, even if they will some day reach their presumed potential.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    FWIW, Makar's value is astronomically too high in most leagues.

I recently offered my Brayden Point for Barzal and Makar. The response I got was that the other person wouldn't do that deal, even if Barzal was removed. In other words, he values Makar more than Point. Ours is a cap league, but that is still insane. Some players just have too much hype early on, even if they will some day reach their presumed potential.
    I agree. I very rarely trade for prospect defenseman no matter the hype, but Makar has opportunity and the 2020 pick is enticing.

Main Team:

Dobber Sports Ace

Well you have an obscene amount of quality assets, just throw whatever you want at it until it gets done.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Keep it simple. If you want Makar then go after him but the 2020 pick isnt one id move out as a rebuilding team so thats a show stopper not even considering Makar. Makar for Rienhart, OEL and an upgraded pick is fair if they arent dropping anyone close to OEL to do it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Keep it simple. If you want Makar then go after him but the 2020 pick isnt one id move out as a rebuilding team so thats a show stopper not even considering Makar. Makar for Rienhart, OEL and an upgraded pick is fair if they arent dropping anyone close to OEL to do it.
    The gm is looking to compete sooner and still has a good pool of prospects that should be breaking into the NHL this season, so he may be willing to part with a pick next season for a slew of already established players.

Main Team: