Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ehlers for Donato

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Ehlers for Donato

I have to go to the Dobbernation for this one...my Ehlers for Donato, big fan of Donato, but don't know...what are the short term (next season) outlooks for them, and long term (beyond) outlooks? Does it make sense to do this? Donato's deployment seems much more appealing than Ehlers. Any one have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Scoring Skaters: G, A, Pts, SOG, FOW, Hts, Blks, TOI/G
    Scoring Goalies: W, Svs, Sv%, GAA

Starting C's: Evgeny Kuznetsov, Eric Staal, Derek Stepan
    Starting LW's: Nikolaj Ehlers, Claude Giroux, Nick Schmaltz
    Starting RW's: Evgenii Dadonov, Ondrej Kase, Reilly Smith
    Starting D: Brent Burns, Will Butcher, Ryan Ellis, Torey Krug, Tyler Myers, P.K. Subban
    Starting G: Hellyebuyck
    Reserves: Sammy Blais,Nikolay Goldobin,Ondrej Palat,Samuel Girard,Matt Grzelcyk,Ryan Murray,Dmitry Orlov
    Prospects Skaters: Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Alexander Khovanov, Maxim Letunov, Alex Newhook, Yegor Afanasyev, Rudolfs Balcers, Jason Dickinson, Pavel Dorofeyev, Simon Holmström, Dylan Sikura, Tage Thompson, Louie Belpedio, Madison Bowey, Christian Djoos, Julius Honka,Pierre-Olivier Joseph
    Prospects Goalies: Kevin Boyle, Laurent Brossoit, Anton Forsberg, David Rittich

Big Daddy

Default Re: Ehlers for Donato

Lots of managers are abandoning Ehlers after last season. I wouldn’t be so quick to ditch him, at least not for Donato.

Dobber Sports Deity

In my eyes, I still want Ehlers over Donato.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I’d keep Ehlers myself: everyone seems to be running from him right now but it’s not half as it seems. If you are hell bent on trading him, wait until the season starts and he gets a hot streak going as his value has never been lower than right now.

The Great One

Ehlers is the player I'd want still. Everything you are saying about deployment is true, in that at the moment Donato seems likely to be featured on the top line and on the top PP. However, that could change if Donato struggles. He only just arrived in Minnesota and his long-term role there is yet to be determined...I'd call his current deployment more of an audition at this point.

Ehlers, on the other hand, is supremely talented and his situation could change in an instant. He could be dealt, or someone like Connor or Laine could leave via offer sheet or trade, an injury to a key player might occur resulting in Ehlers moving up the roster, perhaps Laine regains his confidence and the two find chemistry again...either way, I prefer Ehlers and his upside compared to Donato and his favorable deployment.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Giant

Definitely keep Ehlers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

Ehlers. This one isn't close. He has two 60+ seasons under his belt and had an off year with 37. Donato's career best is 25. They're both the same age.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Step back from the edge sir, think about your family!

Seriously though, if that trade went down the odds of regret for you would be very high. Ehlers has so much more upside and last season is likely to be the lone low point of his prime years.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Rookie

I stood with Ehlers. Yeah, i was spooked by last years performance and current deployment in WPG. Deep down, I was thinking in line with these comments, but needed confirmation as I had that little devil on my shoulder casting doubts...thanks to all who commented, i greatly appreciate it, and gave rep to all.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No.

Ehlers is way more talented. Winnipeg's cap crunch may mean Ehlers is moved at some point. He was already rumoured to being shopped this summer. Selling now is selling low.
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I do agree which everyone - The safe play is Ehlers.

But I think ya'll are making it seem like its a landslide... Donato is an excellent prospect with a ton of upside also. Saying he's only topped 25 points isn't really fair... he's only played 68 games in the NHL... Age isn't always a fair baseline to compare statistics

I think he projects to be a 30 goal scorer, with 70pt upside

So essentially, this is another case of trading someone whose current production, you hope the new guy can get to one day

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    I do agree which everyone - The safe play is Ehlers.

But I think ya'll are making it seem like its a landslide... Donato is an excellent prospect with a ton of upside also. Saying he's only topped 25 points isn't really fair... he's only played 68 games in the NHL... Age isn't always a fair baseline to compare statistics

I think he projects to be a 30 goal scorer, with 70pt upside

So essentially, this is another case of trading someone whose current production, you hope the new guy can get to one day
    If Donato gets to 50 points in any season, I would be surprised.
    So yeah, I'll say it is the landslide everyone has made it out to be. That's coming from me as well, who is one of the biggest pushers on the site for selling Ehlers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If Donato gets to 50 points in any season, I would be surprised.
    So yeah, I'll say it is the landslide everyone has made it out to be. That's coming from me as well, who is one of the biggest pushers on the site for selling Ehlers.
    I hear ya... I wouldn't be surprised though... Time will tell I suppose

Dobber Sports Veteran

Come on theres not need for this question to be ask. Ehlers is the easy one.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Donato but I think Ehlers is the clear cut choice here. And I don't think it's close. Rough year but he's proven just how good he really is.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov