Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Draft Center at DobberProspects

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default 2020 NHL Draft Center at DobberProspects

The 2020 NHL Draft is still a long way out but we already have a Draft Center at DobberProspects.

We've created a few new profiles already, and we have a few more coming over the next couple of weeks. It's never too early to get to know the next wave of superstars joining the league!

https://dobberprospects.com/team/2020-nhl-draft/

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: 2020 NHL Draft Center at DobberProspects

Awesome! Thanks Jokke.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's going to be interesting to see the race between Lafreniere and Byfield this season.

Do you have a NHL comparable for those 2 players?
    I tried to find one for Lafreniere with some friends and it was really tough...
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see the race between Lafreniere and Byfield this season.

Lafreniere maybe a little bit like Panarin, in the sense that both players are field general types kinda directing the offense from the wing. I've also heard Guy Lafleur, but that might be lost on the younger generation. As for Byfield, we really don't have a current comparable in the NHL for what he brings to the table. There really aren't a lot of dudes who are 6'4" 220 lbs with that kind of speed and skills combo. I guess Lindros is the most frequent comparable I've seen, and based on limited viewings it's not totally unwarranted. Byfield is a special kind of talent we haven't really seen come into the fantasy game for awhile. The multi-category upside is tantalizing.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Rookie

good job thx... can't wait to see where Lucas Raymond and Alexander Holtz will be

Administrator

You guys are awesome!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

The top end of the first round should be ridiculous in 2020: Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Lundell, Gunler, Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, Stutzle, Barron, Drysdale, Askarov, Lapierre ... so many high-end offensive talents available, and Askarov looks to be one of the best goalie prospects in awhile - even better than Knight some say.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post

I hate comparables. I think Lafreniere ends up being a tenacious two-way power winger similar to Landeskog and Tkachuk but with more offensive upside.

With Byfield, he's a big power center in the mold of Malkin and Scheifele - but it remains to be seen if he ends up being more aggressive than those two at the NHL level.

Don't count out Lucas Raymond from that race for 1st overall - it's likely to be between Lafreniere and Byfield but Raymond has that type of upside that he could challenge for that top spot with a strong season in the SHL.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    The top end of the first round should be ridiculous in 2020: Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Lundell, Gunler, Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, Stutzle, Barron, Drysdale, Askarov, Lapierre ... so many high-end offensive talents available, and Askarov looks to be one of the best goalie prospects in awhile - even better than Knight some say.
    Askarov is a better prospect than Knight. I think he's the better goalie right now, and he's over a year younger than Knight.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I hate comparables. I think Lafreniere ends up being a tenacious two-way power winger similar to Landeskog and Tkachuk but with more offensive upside.

With Byfield, he's a big power center in the mold of Malkin and Scheifele - but it remains to be seen if he ends up being more aggressive than those two at the NHL level.

Don't count out Lucas Raymond from that race for 1st overall - it's likely to be between Lafreniere and Byfield but Raymond has that type of upside that he could challenge for that top spot with a strong season in the SHL.

Askarov is a better prospect than Knight. I think he's the better goalie right now, and he's over a year younger than Knight.

Askarov really impressed me at the U18 WJC tournament as a 16-year old. He effectively shut down the USNTDP + Bobby Brink in the semifinals, and is arguably the most responsible for the Russians winning Silver in that tournament. He's already got great size at 6'3" 190+ and his footwork / positioning are far advanced compared to his peers. He is also very athletic and agile in his net, allowing him to make some spectacular saves where his large frame can't just shut out the bottom of the net.

It is very rare that I would consider drafting a goalie in the top-10 of a fantasy league entry draft, but Askarov might have me reconsidering that. I've seen more than a couple folks say he's the best prospect since Vasilevskiy.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Is the talent for the 2020 class that good? Reason I ask... after first year joining a dynasty league (team in sig) I have a few roster players that I've been getting offers for which include 2020 1sts. Would it be worth moving guys like Johnsson ($1mil) or Kapanen ($2.5mil) picks in the 1-8 range in 2020 (bottom 8 finishers enter the draft lottery so it wouldnt be a for sure #1 overall pick) The input and advice on the forums is really helpful, so happy I found Dobbers and the Forum.
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Toews Took My Girl View Post
    Is the talent for the 2020 class that good? Reason I ask... after first year joining a dynasty league (team in sig) I have a few roster players that I've been getting offers for which include 2020 1sts. Would it be worth moving guys like Johnsson ($1mil) or Kapanen ($2.5mil) picks in the 1-8 range in 2020 (bottom 8 finishers enter the draft lottery so it wouldnt be a for sure #1 overall pick) The input and advice on the forums is really helpful, so happy I found Dobbers and the Forum.
    Yes, it's looking like one of the best drafts we've seen for a while. Definitely better than the past few years. The top 5 is full of elite talents, and there are too many top 10 talents for just 10 spots already now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It's never too early to look at the next wave of NHLers!! I appreciate the hard work Jokke!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dobber Sports Titan

I very much enjoyed your DEL dive Jokke. Solid job!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

A bunch of new profiles have been added over the past week or so, including 3 more today. We already have well over 60 profiles here: https://dobberprospects.com/team/2020-nhl-draft/