Thread: Trade advice

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade advice

Multicat salary keeper league in signature. 1 Goalie start per day. I have been offered the following trade, and would like some additional opinions on it. I have also included my views.

My current goalies are: Varlamov/Mrazek/Saros/Husso/Primeau/Jarry

Trade is:

MY
    Mantha
    Mrazek

for

THEIR
    Lehner
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

I think Lehner and Mrazek are about equal and both somewhat wild cards. Lehner plays for a worse team defensively. If Crawford goes down, he is undisputed #1. He also has a clear cut path to #1 in the future if he performs and resigns in Chicago. I think Mrazek is the #1 at the moment. But, if he struggles, could lose the job. If he performs, he could be the #1 for the next few years as well. I consider them an even wash pretty much. Salary is a bit of a concern as well, as they are almost 2m different in favor of Mrazek.

I think Luukkonen is a good goalie prospect, but is he any better than what i already have? I have my doubts, especially with goalie prospects. Plus, would it be worth giving up Mantha for another goalie prospect? I think i need another prospect forward included in this deal, or another piece to go with Luukkonen for Mantha. Or, leave Luukkonen out and get a prospect forward.

I do not think i am getting enough on my end.

Opinions?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade advice

I would want more certainty if I was giving up Mantha. In a deeper league like yours, goaltending is not your issue right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would keep what you have. While Lehner would be nice, I think I would hold onto Mantha.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Giant

That's not a big enough upgrade for Mantha, and I say that as someone who is a believer in Lehner and his future. The thing is, Mrazek is in a pretty good spot with a very solid defensive team, and he should be able to put up respectable fantasy numbers for a starter. Lehner does have a higher upside, and I would probably prefer him long-term to Mrazek, but he's not in the greatest situation right now.

Like Eskimo said, goaltending isn't your problem. You've got Mrazek in a solid situation, Varlamov about to get the Trotz/Mitch Korn treatment, and an elite 1B in Saros with a ton of upside for the future. If I'm ditching Mantha, I'd expect a much more significant upgrade in goal.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stick with what you have. Lehner had one good year last year. He's really otherwise had a nothing to write home about career and I'm not confident that wasn't a one year one-off. Keep mantha and the better cap situation (Mrazek vs Lehner). Of the 4 players involved, only Mantha is really a sure thing.
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by burespaghetti View Post
    Stick with what you have. Lehner had one good year last year. He's really otherwise had a nothing to write home about career and I'm not confident that wasn't a one year one-off. Keep mantha and the better cap situation (Mrazek vs Lehner). Of the 4 players involved, only Mantha is really a sure thing.
    I'd give Lehner a little bit more credit than that ...

I don't know if any of you are familiar with bipolar disorder, specifically type 1 with manic episodes, but that is positively nuts when combined with drug and alcohol addiction. Again, I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with what hardcore drug and alcohol addiction is like, let alone combined with a serious disorder like bipolar type 1 alternating between chronic depression and manic states. Most people can hardly manage to get out of bed, but this guy was putting up a .920 Sv% on the 16-17 Buffalo Sabres with a full starter's workload. That's literally superhuman stuff right there.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'd give Lehner a little bit more credit than that ...

I don't know if any of you are familiar with bipolar disorder, specifically type 1 with manic episodes, but that is positively nuts when combined with drug and alcohol addiction. Again, I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with what hardcore drug and alcohol addiction is like, let alone combined with a serious disorder like bipolar type 1 alternating between chronic depression and manic states. Most people can hardly manage to get out of bed, but this guy was putting up a .920 Sv% on the 16-17 Buffalo Sabres with a full starter's workload. That's literally superhuman stuff right there.
    I mean absolutely no disrespect to his personal battles, and I think his masterton trophy nomination and win this year are great for him and for mental health awareness. I'm just speaking strictly from a fantasy hockey perspective.
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso

Dobber Sports Deity

Lets be honest, we really have no idea what Lehner's playing situation is going to be in Chicago. Last time I checked, Crawford is still there and still healthy (for now at least).

You are giving up the true #1 in Mrazek (as sketchy as he is) and Mantha.

This offer is a pretty easy decline for me. Knowing Lehner's situation in Chicago may make it closer if we knew he was the true #1 there, but we don't.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Mantha is going to take big step forward next season. I wouldn’t even think about moving him for Lehner.

The Great One

For a start 1G, you are fine with Varly, Mrazak and Saros. You don't need a goalie. And you certainly don't need to sacrifice Mantha for a lateral goalie exchange.