View Poll Results: Who've been most negatively affected by offseason movement?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Cam Atkinson

20 25.32%
  • Will Butcher

45 56.96%
  • Corey Crawford

28 35.44%
  • Louis Domingue

22 27.85%
  • Pierre-Luc Dubois

7 8.86%
  • Alex Edler

6 7.59%
  • Aaron Ekblad

3 3.80%
  • Lars Eller

3 3.80%
  • Thomas Greiss

4 5.06%
  • Connor Hellebuyck

8 10.13%
  • Evander Kane

5 6.33%
  • Mikko Koskinen

7 8.86%
  • Chris Kreider

12 15.19%
  • Mike Matheson

7 8.86%
  • Kyle Palmieri

6 7.59%
  • Nolan Patrick

27 34.18%
  • Morgan Rielly

6 7.59%
  • David Rittich

5 6.33%
  • Kyle Turris

23 29.11%
  • All of the above

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Players most hurt by offseason trades/signings

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Players most hurt by offseason trades/signings

When reading the excellent breakdowns of trades and signings on the main site, what I always pay attention to the most is the section on which players will be hurt, since I feel like that often is overlooked and can be as key - if not more so - than the players helped by the transaction. So I figured why not put a poll together where you, the Dobberhockey readers, can vote on exactly which players you feel will be hurt the most by the trades and signings that have occurred so far this offseason.

You'll have 19 players to choose from and you can vote for as many or as few players as you want. And to be clear, you should vote for a player (or players) if you think he/they will suffer a major negative impact to his/their fantasy value due to offseason movement that has occurred this far. And don't forget - one can be just as negatively affected if a player or players leaves his team than if a player comes to his team, and several choices reflect that logic. One more important thing - I didn't include as choices any players who actually were traded or changed teams, as I wanted the focus to be solely on players affected by movement yet who didn't move themselves. Lastly, I added a 20th option for "all of the above" if you think that all 19 will be negatively affected in a major way.

Feel free to vote now, or when the column publishes on Wednesday, as I'll have a blurb about each player. And remember to vote objectively, since while this is meant to be a fun exercise your fellow Dobberites will look to the results for guidance, so best to vote with your heart, rather than with heart or emotion or bias.

Quick note on next week - the schedule says it should be a mailbag, but since it's Bubble Keeper week I'm doing a special Goldipucks one week early, then will go back to the mailbag.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Players most hurt by offseason trades/signings

Butcher and Crawford get my vote, as I don't see any way they come out next season better than last with the major additions ahead of them in Subban and Lehner.

Others I see varying degrees of impact, but none as negative as for Butcher/Crawford.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Players most hurt by offseason trades/signings

I picked Butcher as well. I didn't really love his game to begin with (so I might be biased) but undoubtedly suffers the most from Subban joining the team. I also think Ty Smith is going to pass him by end of next year on the depth chart. Another curious case will be Helly as the Jets D is.......umm.......awful (especially in their own zone) on paper shall we say. I will be watching Helly closely and predict he has a down year in terms of numbers/stats.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Giant

I voted for Butcher, Crawford, Domingue, and Turris. They all seem to be in unquestionably worse situations with little hope of improvement.

I've gotta admit, I was a little surprised to see Kyle Palmieri on this list. He seems like a guy whose value is only going to increase with the addition of another skilled playmaker in Hughes and another puck-moving offensive defenseman like Subban in the fold. I could be wrong, but I'm expecting a big season from Palmieri.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I voted for Butcher, Crawford, Domingue, and Turris. They all seem to be in unquestionably worse situations with little hope of improvement.

I've gotta admit, I was a little surprised to see Kyle Palmieri on this list. He seems like a guy whose value is only going to increase with the addition of another skilled playmaker in Hughes and another puck-moving offensive defenseman like Subban in the fold. I could be wrong, but I'm expecting a big season from Palmieri.
    I included Palmieri because the PP is his bread and butter, but it's one of the things at which Simmonds excels, having the second most PPGs since 2013-14. Plus, Hughes likely pushes Palmieri off the first line, which means Palmieri won't have Hall or Hirschier to benefit him at ES. But we'll see what happens.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Great list. I didn’t vote Turris because he wasn’t really that valuable a fantasy asset to begin with. I vote Crawford (who I think can now retire and will), Butcher, and PLD. PLD has seen so much skill leave and Columbus now becomes a one line team that will be easy to shut down. I think he quite possibly will be the most negatively impacted of anyone on this list. Simmonds is going to bomb in NJ. I watched him play live a couple of times last year and his legs are gone and he just doesn’t have it. He’ll get 15 or so standing in front of the net but that’s it. He’ll be PP2 by November. Palmieri will be fine.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Guru

I just did a top 10 list on the same topic, and I only have one name that is a repeat (Butcher) so I voted only for him.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Butcher and Crawford get my vote, as I don't see any way they come out next season better than last with the major additions ahead of them in Subban and Lehner.

Others I see varying degrees of impact, but none as negative as for Butcher/Crawford.
    Butcher and Crawford for me as well. I see Rittich potentially being hurt as well, but he could hold his own or Talbot could suck.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I just did a top 10 list on the same topic, and I only have one name that is a repeat (Butcher) so I voted only for him.
    Hi Tom - I saw your list, and immediately regretted not including Shattenkirk. One key difference here is I didn't include players who themselves where traded or signed elsewhere, and your list did. Everyone who hasn't should check out Tom's column - it's great as usual.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for Butcher, Crawford, Domingue, & Patrick.

Butcher is no longer the PP1 guy.
    Crawford is probably not the #1 goalie in reality.
    Domingue is no longer in the NHL, barring injury.
    Patrick is no longer a top 6 player, unless he ends up on a wing.

Turris was a non-factor to begin with in all my leagues, so he had nowhere to drop to, really.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Turris, Patrick, Butcher and Dubois for me.
    Devils & Predators fan