Thread: dynasty - turcotte or byram?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default dynasty - turcotte or byram?

Who would you pick between turcotte or byram?

Which one would have the most impact long term?

I know its hard to compare a D and a F, but day you are in rebuilding mode, who would you go? Any of these 2 a “special” player that must be kept? Turcotte can become in the Eichel tier or is he more a Barzal? Will he provide FOW? Is Byram a Doughty/burns type or more just like a OEL?

G A PTS SOG PIM HITS BLKS FOW
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: dynasty - turcotte or byram?

I'm not sure anyone can tell you confidently who will be the better player and have a greater impact down the road. I just know that in my draft rankings I had Turcotte ahead of Byram because I hate waiting for D to develop. Byram may be better than most but I feel forwards tend to pan out better and faster than D.

Both kids appear to have bright futures in front of them. They wouldn't have been high draft picks if that wasn't the case. I'd be confident in owning both and saying they will pan out and have successful futures but it's easy to say that weeks after they have been drafted. They are shiney new toys.

As I say, I will usually draft forwards before D, especially if they are similar in rank, but that's me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I see FOW which tilts this towards Turcotte for me. In most leagues with FOW, it's so hard to get your hands on elite centermen.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I see FOW which tilts this towards Turcotte for me. In most leagues with FOW, it's so hard to get your hands on elite centermen.
    This. I also happen to be very very high on Turcotte. I think he has a chance to become a franchise center for LA.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

The Great One

I'd also generally pick an F over a D, unless my team was absolutely starved for D...

I'd also say that neither player is likely all that relevant right now in very shallow keeper leagues, like the ones in your sig...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd also generally pick an F over a D, unless my team was absolutely starved for D...

I'd also say that neither player is likely all that relevant right now in very shallow keeper leagues, like the ones in your sig...

yeah not for league in sig, more for a dynasty league and in a semi-rebuild mode so i wanted to make sure i really get the BPA and not regret :P.

would be sad to pick Byram and he ends up a Ryan Ellis when Turcotte becomes an Eichel in 3 years for instance. (or vice-versa)
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't know if either Turcotte or Byram are going to be mediocre picks. I just think that Turcotte is a stud and will be LA's franchise center. Not a super big deal but Byram has to contend with Makar and with FOWs as a cat, Turcotte is the clear winner for me.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Novice

I snagged Turcotte 3rd and then Byrum landed to me at 7th if that helps...either or id be happy with depending on how long u mind waiting.

Dobber Sports Giant

Turcotte had a higher points-per-game in USHL games than Jack Hughes in 18-19, albeit in a smaller sample. But he put up over 2 points per game against USHL competition, and nearly 1.7 points per game in the rest of the USDP schedule. I think his offensive upside is really underrated, perhaps because he already plays such a complete two-way game and has been lauded for that.

I think he's definitely closer to the Hughes/Kakko tier than he is to guys like Cozens, Krebs, Newhook, and Dach. He's definitely got franchise center potential.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin