Thread: A. Svechnikov offer

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default A. Svechnikov offer

Dynasty league, H2H, 10 teams, 26 players roster.
    Offensive stats are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT.
    Farm teams have a max of 10 players.

My prospects are: I. Shesterkin, M. DiPietro, E. Tolvanen, F. Zadina, M. Necas, F. Gustavsson, T. Terry, M. Blackwood

I have picks #2, 3 and 5 for our next farm draft (majority of 2019 players drafted + some from last years).

Assuming I would get one of Hughes or Kakko at #2, is it too much to offer # 3 and 5 for A. Svechnikov?
    Or you would keep the two picks to select players like Byram, Turcotte, ....

Many thanks.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: A. Svechnikov offer

I’d keep 3&5 or deal 5 plus something else if you want Svech. Wouldn’t trade both for him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you took Turcotte at #3.. I'm not sure I see much difference in offensive upside between them in a few years. Svech has a clear headstart, but I really like Turcotte.
    If you're i 'win-now' mode/window - then I'd move #3 and a small piece for him, 3&5 is too much IMO based on how I feel about Turcotte as stated.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

If you can add to pick #5 to get Svech in return, then try that fist. I would eventually cave and give 3 for Svech (first asking for a little plus since Turcotte will be awesome and is the shiny new toy), but 3 and 5 would be more than I would pay.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I already offered #3 and Mittelstadt for him and it was declined so I suppose I should keep all my picks and drop F. Gustavsson to respect the max size of the farm team. Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by simcast View Post
    I already offered #3 and Mittelstadt for him and it was declined so I suppose I should keep all my picks and drop F. Gustavsson to respect the max size of the farm team. Thanks guys.
    I like basically any of the group of guys you could get at #5 a lot more than Mitts... so yeah.. I'd move on.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

I would talk to the guy who is picking #4 and see if you can't wiggle it out of him if he prefers Byram or Caufield, or somebody else. If there was any chance I could grab Turcotte and then Byram with 3 and 5, then I'm probably keeping these picks here. I really like Svechnikov with your settings especially if you designate between forward positions, but Turcotte is going to be a really good player in his own right. I believe he's closer to the Hughes/Kakko tier than many people currently think. Then you're guaranteed to draft one of Byram or Caufield (or whoever else you might fancy), and once those guys start doing their thing I think their trade value, if you choose to make a move for someone like Svechnikov, will have only increased.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin