Thread: Fiala's Upside

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fiala's Upside

What is Fiala now that he is in Minny? Would love to hear what people think he will do next year and what his upside is. Being traded for Granlund made my interest go up but I'm thinking I may be overvaluing him due to a questionable NHL deal.

Currently being offered Fiala + a 1st for DeBrusk in a straight points salary pool. LW for LW. With a little work I can make the salary work but I am trying to decide where Fiala sits compared to DeBrusk. The first would likely be in the 5-10 range but not until 2022 (draft is the newest draftees and anyone not owned)

TIA to everyone!

Red

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Fiala's Upside

i don't think there's anyway you can tell it'll be in the 5-10 range, unless it's a 10tm pool. lol

That deal I'd do. All of the added ++'s of DeBrusk are washed away in a points only pool.
    Fiala will betting some prime deployment in Minn.

60+ is in the realm of possibility for him this year. I'd peg him for 55 as an expectation with aspirations of more.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    i don't think there's anyway you can tell it'll be in the 5-10 range, unless it's a 10tm pool. lol

That deal I'd do. All of the added ++'s of DeBrusk are washed away in a points only pool.
    Fiala will betting some prime deployment in Minn.

60+ is in the realm of possibility for him this year. I'd peg him for 55 as an expectation with aspirations of more.
    I'll 2nd this. Nashville has done a sub par job developing young players. I'll bet on new situation, better deployment, more opportunities to net you somewhere around what you would give up in Debrusk. Getting the pick makes it worth it.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Administrator

Seems like pretty good value trying to buy low on Fiala and getting a potentially strong pick as incentive. I could see Fiala falling anywhere between 35 and 65 points next season as one of the more difficult to peg players both in terms of where he stands as per-minute scorer, but also in terms of where he falls on the Wild depth chart.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

yeah, I'd go for that...Fiala and a 1st for DeBrusk is fair.

DeBrusk is an interesting player, but I think he tops out as a 60 pt player (goal heavy, with solid peripherals).

If all clicks well with Fiala in Minny, he should be a 60 pt player also, so with the added pick you win this deal, imo.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    12 team pool that has been running for 20+ years with very little turnover. Only four teams have ever won the pool. This is one of the GMs who is regularly competitive and never drops below middling.

Thanks for the input guys! I have cap to play with so I think I'll take the chance. Hard to predict Fiala's cap without knowing term but I think DeBrusk will have a decent payday at the end of next season anyways.