Thread: A Precarious Situation

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default A Precarious Situation

Our draft started, but I have a guy who went MIA. I had email contact with him a week prior. Under normal circumstances, I would just replace the GM and move on. However, this is a guy who has been with us for a while and is fairly active. He has recently developed some medical issues that at times arise. Knowing this, I hate to jump the gun. This is a free league, so I made the decision to start picking some players for him in hopes that whatever has caused him to go MIA is not career ending. The league was a combined bench in ESPN. We transferred to Fantrax and are currently adding a Minors bench. Consequently, each team is at different levels of Vet to Prospect. This is a combined draft to try to even things out. To be Minor eligible, Players need to be at 65 games or under for Skaters. 45 for Goalies. As long as legally rostered, they retain eligibility for the entire season. 10 Teams, 40 players, adding 15 Minors Format is: Daily CATs 1 win G, A, Blk, Hit, Pim, (+/-), STP, W, GAA, Sv%, SHO. We start 2C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 6 F, 8 D, 2 Skt, 3 G.

The prospect pool is pretty plentiful. Only your top prospects from the past couple drafts are rostered. This team owns 10 picks in the next 80. The team is on the clock at 3-2 also holding 3-3,3-10,4-3, 5-10 and the 3rd pick in the next 5 rounds. I thought it might be better to reach out for some impartial suggestions rather than handcuff the team with my own delusions.

Players on rosters that have not played an NHL game - Heponiemi, Dodson, Merkley, Ty Smith, Hayton, Juolevi, Liljegren, Suzuki, Veleno, Denisenko, Kravtsov, Wahlstrom, Vilardi

Oettinger,Samsonov, Shesterkin, Sorokin, Ukko-Pekka, Soderstrom Merzlikens, Husso

Currently drafted – Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Kaprizov, Knight, Caufield, Pokozin, Zegras, Newhook, Dach, Frost, Byram, Sturm, Fox, Cozens, Boldy, Kaliyev, Noel.

I am looking to add good prospects to this team through out all 10 picks.
    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    You can never have too much information. You can only ever misuse the information you were given.

The Great One

Default Re: A Precarious Situation

I'd just go by Dobber's prospect rankings for whoever is eligible. Then nobody can say you did anything fishy.

Administrator

Default Re: A Precarious Situation

In all of my leagues that do yearly prospect drafts, if a guy misses his pick he gets the highest available drafted prospect from the NHL draft. Nice simple method, no bias involved. The other thing I like about this is you're not really punishing a team that might eventually need a new owner since they are still getting a good prospect in the end.

In this case you can go with the highest 2019 draft prospect available or Dobber's top prospects. About Dobber's list: it gets updated monthly and the last update was on the 10th of June. I'm guessing the next update isn't far away.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust