Thread: bouchard vs nurse keeper choices

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default bouchard vs nurse keeper choices

team in sig should i keep nurse or bouchard? pretty sure my keepers are makar heiskanen trouba dumba. then either nurse or bouchard. then obviously gibson and fleury in net. sorokin is interesting but dont think i can keep with boeser wheeler zib tevo guentzel trotchek mantha necas. and torn over buch bert(who had a strong finish) bjork(new found usage with all the departures) kase(big sleeper) burakovsky(new role) lots of tough choices. who would be your top 15 to keep? also have 3 first round picks this year. 1 lottery then 8th and 10th overall.
    Keeper League: 13 teams, Keep 15
    G(25) A(25) PPP(10) SHG(20) GWG(20) +/-(10) PIM(3) SOG(2)
    W(50) GA(-15) SV(2) SO(50)

Forwards(Start 9): Marchand, Kaprizov, W Nylander, Guentzel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Malkin, Bertuzzi, Terry, P Kane, Novak, M Johansson, Backlund, Zucker.

Defensemen(Start 4): Makar, Letang, Josi, Hamilton, Matheson, Valimaki, Hronek

Goalies(Start 2. 4 max per team): Jarry, Sorokin, Kotchetkov, Fleury.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: bouchard vs nurse keeper choices

Boeser, Wheeler, Zibanejad, Teravainen, Guentzel, Trocheck, Kase, Mantha
    Dumba, Trouba, Makar, Heiskanen, Edler
    Fleury, Gibson

I preferred Edler slightly over forwards like Bertuzzi and Buchnevich, as well as prospects like Necas and Sorokin despite their high upside. I certainly wouldn't blame you for going with Bertuzzi if you want to round out your keepers 9-4-2, but I just think Edler is going to be the most productive option for that last keeper slot. It's certainly a tough choice, as you're deciding between a lot of different types of assets: quality per-game contributors with injury / age concerns, high upside prospects, and depth forwards with and without some peripheral value.

It might be helpful to see the actual Fantasy Points per game for some of these guys before locking in these choices.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Boeser, Wheeler, Zibanejad, Teravainen, Guentzel, Trocheck, Kase, Mantha
    Dumba, Trouba, Makar, Heiskanen, Edler
    Fleury, Gibson

I preferred Edler slightly over forwards like Bertuzzi and Buchnevich, as well as prospects like Necas and Sorokin despite their high upside. I certainly wouldn't blame you for going with Bertuzzi if you want to round out your keepers 9-4-2, but I just think Edler is going to be the most productive option for that last keeper slot. It's certainly a tough choice, as you're deciding between a lot of different types of assets: quality per-game contributors with injury / age concerns, high upside prospects, and depth forwards with and without some peripheral value.

It might be helpful to see the actual Fantasy Points per game for some of these guys before locking in these choices.
    There's a handful of guys in there I would keep Nurse over. Not sure if you did that on purpose or just forgot him. Edler or Kase would be my first cut to put Nurse in.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Edler's real fantasy value is in his hits and blocked shots.
    If you're not using those cats then keep Nurse - who will match or beat his offensive output & give you a lot more SOG.

he'll also provide an extra 20 games a season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4