Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking For Feedback from Commishioners on rules

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Looking For Feedback from Commishioners on rules

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciate it. I'm going to put together some proposals for rule changes, as I agree it's currently broken and is tearing the pool apart and maybe as someone commented, if GMs don't want the changes, then put up and shut up.

And..Money drives the greed. Top prize was over $700 in the pool this year.

One last comment...The GM who gave up all the pts at the deadline claiming to be rebuilding, has recently rejected a trade indicating he wanted to compete this year......
    Keeper with 10 GMs
    Points System: Straight PTS , 0.5 PP, 2 SH, 3 SO

F - McDavid, B Point, Eichel, Backstrom, O Bjorkstrand, B Gallagher, J Drouin, J Roslovic T Hall, R O’Reilly, Kopitar, P Bergeron, P Buchnevich, A Burakovsky, P Hornqvist, Dvorak, J Anderson (top 12 count)
    D - Yandle, Petry, Doughty, Leddy, S Theodore, J Brodin, E Gustafsson, Z Werenski (Top 5 count)
    G – Fluery, Markstrom, Quick (top 2 count)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciate it. I'm going to put together some proposals for rule changes, as I agree it's currently broken and is tearing the pool apart and maybe as someone commented, if GMs don't want the changes, then put up and shut up.

And..Money drives the greed. Top prize was over $700 in the pool this year.

One last comment...The GM who gave up all the pts at the deadline claiming to be rebuilding, has recently rejected a trade indicating he wanted to compete this year......
    We already determined that there was collusion... so this change of direction should not surprise anyone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

dude.. just bail.... there fixed it for you

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Shitty rules + big money = bad league.

I wouldn't put a dime into a league like this, nevermind volunteer my time to commish.

[edit] Sorry, that's not helpful.

I'd be interested to know if it's been the same few guys winning this league year-over-year, and if there is a high turn-over of GMs?

If it is, then it's just a money pot that gets handed around season-to-season, and basically newbies without "colluding buddies" are just fish.

Comish Dynasty 2021-22 (24 Team Roto Dynasty, Custom Salaries)
    Minnesota North Stars, 2nd Tier
    C - Aho, Rakell, Foligno, Trenin (Janmark, Steel, Kurashev)
    LW - Hall, Lucic, Sanford, Bellows (Vesalainen, Foote, Katchouk)
    RW - Seguin, Toffoli, Jaskin, Donskoi (Jarvis)
    D - Sergachev, Edler, Petterson, Forbort, Ceci, Valimaki (H.Fleury, Alexeyev, Salo)
    G - Price, Brossoit (Stolarz)

Dobber Sports Superstar

my league is flat out democratic vote although I reserve right as LM to outright veto myself if the deal is completely lopsided. An example is last season when an owner agreed to trade his Hertl to a contender for Dmitry Orlov, that one got shut down by me immediately. It's up to the owners as a collective to use the vote to it's best ability so have a heart to heart with all owners regarding your issues.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I like this on the premise... but I think it ends up with the same result.

If Team A and B weren't willing to make a trade happen before the deadline... but see that Team C and Team D make a trade 5 minutes before the deadline...what makes Team A and Team B willing to make the trade in the next 55 minutes? It would be reactionary trading and could be further collusion...

I think this solution works if you have a committed group to winning... but I don't think this solution works in a league where collusion is already an issue.
    Even if there is collusion, a "soft" deadline could have some impact. The OP states two teams traded for 123 points with 5 minutes left to the deadline, jumping a guy from 4th to 1st. That deal is probably a lot easier to make if the GM knows that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team teams have no opportunity to react to it.

But I get what you are saying - if the trades are outright collusion for the big money prize, then the situation is hopeless unless the league (or the commish) has the stones to use the veto...