Thread: Move hall?

The Great One

Default Move hall?

Ok so I've been offered another package of a bunch of assets for one and I'm not sure what to make of it. This league outs a premium on elite skaters- 10 teams, 10 skaters, a tiny 5 man bench and a huge 50 man farm team. I already traded marner for depth (marner for deB Boeser Talbot and yamoto) so I'm nervous about making another move. Im also leaning towards an offer of point plus for Laine plus. Lastly I'm a big big Taylor Hall fan and own him in my other main l ague so reticent to move him that way.

The offer is:

Kuznetsov Duchene and Thomas for hall

Also middelstadt could be worked in he said and in a perfect world I'd add middelstadt for one of the forwards I'd have to cut and put middels on the farm. The issue is that not even sure how much an upgrade Duchene ends up being. How much of a drop in talent is hall to koozy? It's a nang Ra and mash league so those sogs are hard to replace...

My skaters are Pasternak gudreau hall point deB Boeser Barzal Keller Panarin Hischier.
    Assuming I can keep 4 forwards on the bench I have Schenn and RNH. I'm guessing Oshie and pacioretty are my third and fourth that also means I'm currently dropping jt miller Drouin eberle bennett.

My d are good enough and he has no d he wants to trade. My d are Burns Hamilton ghost Faulk and I'll probably keep one of jack johnson or Niskanen for hits/blocks. I've also got a lot of farm eligible guys that could step up if need be in sanheim Morrissey brannstrom and maybe even Bouchard.

What do you think of this deal as is?

What if I could include a Murray for mrazek swap and sub in Thomas middelstadt for the guys I'm dropping for nothing JT Miller Drouin?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Move hall?

If elite skaters are at a premium, I'd keep Hall.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If elite skaters are at a premium, I'd keep Hall.
    Yep, these are definitely situations where you want to consolidate top talent instead of spreading it thin, especially where you've already made a Marner trade for some nice depth pieces.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

that's an ample return for just Hall so I would pull the trigger. He cannot match the scoring of all those players.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm on the Kuz side. I'm currently debating an offer for Hall and while he did have the 93 pt season it's only his 2nd 80+ season in 9 seasons. There are so many injury shortened campaigns that while I generally subscribe to taking the player with the highest upside school of evaluation, there is just so much injury history for Hall that it makes me downgrade the overall talent/potential level. Kuz is more durable and consistently over 70 pts. His career best is 83, 10 pts less than Hall's career best. I consider him alone for Hall for his consistency. To get Duchene and Thomas puts you in a situation to package one or both of those players with someone like a Keller (who I'm starting to drop in my esteem) for another elite piece.
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sorry you're getting Kuznetsov, Duchene, and Thomas for Hall?!

And you haven't accepted yet?

We're talking about a player in Hall who has only played one full seaosn so far in his carear and an average of 62 games per season.

And how are we not considering Kuznetsov elite talent?

Accept and run away laughing.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Having had the misfortune of dealing with Hall last season before trading him at the deadline, I say take the deal.

A lot of what has been said in this forum already is what you need to focus on: Two 80+ point seasons in 9 seasons, one full season played, supremely injury prone.

Don't get hypnotized by what Jersey did this off-season, which is great, but does not help Hall's band-aid boy status in the least.

PS - I traded Marchand for Hall last off-season and I've regretted it every day since.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.