Thread: Trade advice - Provorov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade advice - Provorov

Hey guys,

I'm in year 2 of a rebuild, pts only, 28 team keeper, keep 9 (or 10 if you missed last year's playoffs), fictional salary cap league ($208).

I need to add fwd pts and have both a 1 year and 4 year window to compete. Currently at about $150 and hoping to sign Crosby for $35-40 in our ufa auction. We lose players to auction after their 32 year old season.

The offer is my Provorov ($9) and Jordan Staal ($11) for his Rasmus Anderson ($1 - prospect/$4 when activated), Pacioretty ($15) and 2nd pp (likely 40-50 overall next year).

My roster changes as I am a volume trader. Current iteration is here:

Fwds
    Bjorkstrand
    Galchenyuk
    Kase
    Konecny
    Kuznetsov
    Malgin
    Schmaltz
    Staal
    Tatar

D
    Hedman
    Jones
    Girard
    Provorov

G

Bob

Do you think I should be giving up on Provorov after his dismal, pts only performance last year, and competition for pp1 time? I will be getting a Pacioretty that I think will have a big bounceback year with Stone and Stastny, or some similar linemates. I'm also strangely high on Rasmus Andersson. This helps me short term but am I giving up too early in the long term with Prov?

I'll rep where I can.
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trade advice - Provorov

You say you're in a rebuild but have the chance to compete? I'm a little confused, however, in my league Jordan Staal has more FP/G than Pacioretty alone, I'm not sure what your stats are but given you'd be giving up Provorov as well, it's a no from me. I don't think you even win this in the short term, Provorov is still very highly touted, their must be some rebuild teams you can get a better player 1 for 1 for that look at Prov and see the potential?

Andersson is actually a really good talent so that definitely adds to the deal, but not enough to give up a player who imo is scoring better than Patches and a A rated young defender... Remember defenders tend to take a lot longer to come into there own, Prov has already showed he is good, getting more points over his first three years than many big names such as Subban....Definite no from me.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Appreciate the response. Think I'll take the advice and sit on Prov for another year or two and hope that development curve continues.

With regard to the confusion about rebuilding and contending: I was a top team two years ago. Tore it down last year and now in year two of rebuild, but also looking to contend this year if I can make a few more key moves at the fwd position.

Rep to ya!

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz

Farm

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks mate, fair enough! Is it worth waiting it out one more year and going for a good pick - next years draft is hella good so one good pick could put you right back in contender mode
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's very possible that I could do that. I have 4 years of Hedman and 1 year of Bob. I could move Bob for a really nice piece - pick or prospect - and then rebuild one more year, take the lotto (I have three other 2020 1sts already) and push my chips in then. Cheers!

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

Farm