Thread: Mierz/Bemstrom for Petersen/Sikura/Parts

The Great One

Default Mierz/Bemstrom for Petersen/Sikura/Parts

Basically I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. The thing is this never felt close to me but I keep getting offers along this line- with this being the latest and best one. I basically Kiboshed talks but wanted to post this to make sure I'm not missing anything.

My Mierzlikins, Bemmstrom
    For Cal Petersen, Sikura, Mascherin, and altybarmakyan

So I originally inquired about moving Mierzlikins but at the time said I would be looking for an elite level prospect- Yamomoto, tolvanen. The other owners thinking at the time was mierzlikins is way too unpredicgable of an asset because he's not guaranteed to amount to anything. Fair point but I said I'd rather keep him than move him for less than that.

Later I asked about something with bemmstrom and sikura because my team really needs NHL depth to play this year- especially elcs. I got a lot of good feedback and quotes from Blackhawk fans on these boards to stay away from sikura. I did some digging of my own and basically pulled the plug on talks.

Which brings us to the current offer. Other owner acknowledged he may have undervalued Mierz but the basis of the offer is similar (although Petersen is a meaningful inclusion that wasn't on the table before). Like I said though I'm not a sikura fan so that's problematic for me right out of the gate- am I wrong on my asset assesment here? Secondly I'm very high on Elvis and being a Petersen owner in another league (and formerly in this one) I really don't see them in the same stratosphere- fair assesment? I said at the time I'd need a Yamomoto, tolvanen or mid to late first to even open negotiations. Lastly mascherin and alty are fine prospects but I'm not getting the sense they address what I'm really looking for in terms of short term help at all- do they?

Imho I see bemm and mierz as the two most important exciting owns on this list and mierz especially being kind of in a whole different conversation than these other assets. Did I miss anything here? We've been going back and forth for months and I just want to get some clarity. I sometimes overvalue my assets and I want to make sure that's not the case here.

For judging purposes:
    - We count the standard 4 goalie cats
    - 2 roster spots for gs, daily starts-, I like to carry 4 total.
    - My other gs are Andersen MAF mrazek and quick.
    - I'm in talks to move quick for the active roster depth I need- less sexy names maybe (Coleman types) but that solved my depth issue a different way and lets me keep mrazek and mierzlikins at cheaper salaries.
    - I wouldn't feel good about keeping less than 4 G's so it's basically quick OR Elvis the way I look at it...

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Mierz/Bemstrom for Petersen/Sikura/Parts

I don't like the deal for you at all. You are giving up the best prospects in exchange for 4 lesser prospects. Unless you're league is extremely deep, I would rather have 2 quarters than 4 dimes.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I don't like the deal for you at all. You are giving up the best prospects in exchange for 4 lesser prospects. Unless you're league is extremely deep, I would rather have 2 quarters than 4 dimes.
    Totally agree. Its a big no for me too
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

I like Cal Petersen as a prospect, but goalies are so unpredictable and it feels like you're giving away the higher upside / higher rated prospects here. Nope for me.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hard no from me as well. Merz is head and shoulders above Petersen at this point and Bem could really surprise. My Sikura love has fallen a lot since he couldn't seize on his opportunity (he will still get a chance). Can't add much more than what the posters above have already said.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

The Great One

Thanks so much guys. Rep coming when I log onto the laptop...