Thread: Prospect Ranking

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Prospect Ranking

How would you guys rank my prospects? It's a big league with lots of players, so I need to find some hidden gems which I feel like I could have some sitting there. I obviously don't have a lot of high-end guys, but that's because I've never been at the bottom of the league to draft them. I've sort of listed them how I rank them, but would like some other opinions.

Our entry draft starts next week and I figure to only keep my first 3-5 picks.

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Eyssimont, Jones, Harper, Back, Richard, Shvyrev
    LW: Kostin, Cates, Dugan, Cockerill, Fortin, Lewis, Ranta, Soderlund, Koivula
    RW: Tolvanen, Fortier, Blichfeld
    D: Walman, Laaksonen, Galvas
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Daccord, Lindbom

2019 Picks: 17, 42, 55, 61, 63, 87, 111
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Prospect Ranking

Can't find much fault in your current order (granted I don't know some of the deeper guys).
    Do you have to drop some to keep your picks, is that the basis of this post?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah right now my minors are full, so before the season I'll have to cut some guys loose. I could potentially find homes for some of them, but most of them will likely just be dropped into free agency. From experience there's only a handful of guys that are really into prospects in the league that I could pawn some off on.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    Yeah right now my minors are full, so before the season I'll have to cut some guys loose. I could potentially find homes for some of them, but most of them will likely just be dropped into free agency. From experience there's only a handful of guys that are really into prospects in the league that I could pawn some off on.
    Makes sense. The only guy I might bump up a bit is Tim Soderlund.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd bump Koivula up your rankings to be one of your better centre prospects (Elvenes is typically LW, I'd put him behind Kostin,) he's a long-shot to make the Isles out of camp but he's one of their prospects closer to the NHL than not. Tim Soderlund probably does deserve a bump as well.

Other than that your rankings seem all right from what I can tell but I don't know if Jones is supposed to be Max Jones and I'm not familiar with several of those names.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    How would you guys rank my prospects? It's a big league with lots of players, so I need to find some hidden gems which I feel like I could have some sitting there. I obviously don't have a lot of high-end guys, but that's because I've never been at the bottom of the league to draft them. I've sort of listed them how I rank them, but would like some other opinions.

Our entry draft starts next week and I figure to only keep my first 3-5 picks.

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Eyssimont, Jones, Harper, Back, Richard, Shvyrev
    LW: Kostin, Cates, Dugan, Cockerill, Fortin, Lewis, Ranta, Soderlund, Koivula
    RW: Tolvanen, Fortier, Blichfeld
    D: Walman, Laaksonen, Galvas
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Daccord, Lindbom

2019 Picks: 17, 42, 55, 61, 63, 87, 111
    The highlight of your farm is definitely the elite goalie prospects your roster boasts. Sorokin and Samsonov both have high-end starter upside, and shouldn't be more than a couple years away from some NHL action at this point. Their value is only going to grow as the anticipation increases and their arrival draws near.

After these guys, I think you've got some interesting names at forward. Specifically Tolvanen, Kostin, Elvenes, and Vorobyov. It seems like Tolvanen, Kostin, and Elvenes all stagnated a bit in their production this past season, but all are very young prospects and should still have bright futures in the NHL. Tolvanen and Kostin are still very young at 20 years old, and already have substantial pro experience in the AHL (and KHL for Tolvanen). Kostin also has pretty big potential upside in multi-cat leagues, so that's nice.

I don't really know much about Elvenes other than him being lauded a couple years ago for his season in the SHL putting up 16 points in 28 games as an 18 year old, though this past season his production didn't really take off with only 20 points in 40 games. Still very good for a 19 year old playing in the SHL, but not the progression that many had hoped for. He's definitely got upside, and is one of your better prospects. Patience is key here, obviously.

Vorobyov is a little bit older at 22 years old now, and he's dealt with some injuries over the last couple years that have hampered his development. That said, he had a pretty nice showing last year with 26 points in 42 AHL games. I don't really know that he's got much of a top-six future with the Flyers, as they have so many high end prospects lined up for those roles: guys like Frost and Farabee come to mind. Vorobyov is a guy that I might look to sell, given his uncertain future within the organization. But again, he's a good prospect with some upside. He's only a couple years removed from putting up 10 points (all assists) in 7 games for the Russians at the WJC-20.

Hope this helps.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin