Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $50 31 team rapid draft dynasty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: $50 31 team rapid draft dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Cpedersen84 View Post
    Season leagues people bail on by Christmas because once they’re out of contention there is no reason to continue being involved, the same with free leagues.
    Its true, that said, I wonder how many people will stick around if their team is dogshit in the first year.

Couple questions:
    1. Do you have league rules posted somewhere public (other than scoring and what's in the first post)?
    2. Can you expand on this one: Future draft positions will be aligned with the NHL lottery.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

1. What’s posted covers the basics. Join the chat and we can answer any questions, some of the guys are from other similar leagues with the same rules so you’ll get answers easily there. Or post any specific questions here.
    2. Whoever finishes 31st will have have the nhl’s 31st team draft odds and results. For example if I were the 27th team overall and in the NHL the kings finished 27th overall I would mirror the for the draft lottery and if they ended up with the 2nd overall pick then I would too.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm interested, if I can view the league to get a feel for it and pay a week or 2 before the draft. I got burned for $50 last year by joining a league without checking it out first.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You can join it and if you quit before the draft fantrax automatically refunds you. I have it locked until payment is made to avoid chasing guys down for payments. I run another dynasty and had that problem when it initially started.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You can also just join the chat group a few posts back and ask any questions there. That’s what someone else did and has since committed.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For the record, the league rules actually are publicly visible: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...jxpdl6pc/rules
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ahh thanks. I’m already paid so I would see things differently on my end.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

10 teams paid up with a few more paying up by the weekend. Drafting NHL teams and 3 franchise players as soon as the league fills up. Dispersal draft will be Sunday September 8th beginning at 9am ET

Dobber Sports Novice

Bump

Dobber Sports Novice

Interested
    20 Team Dynasty H2H Multi-Cat league 32 + 12 minor spots - (4 C. 4 RW. 4 LW, 6 D. 1 G) - After 3 year rebuild, competing

C: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Dowd, Frost,

LW: Kaprizov, Stutzle, Boldy, Marchenko, Paul, Deslauriers

RW: Marner, Rantanen, Tolvanen, Bemstrom, O'Connor, Gurianov

D: Heiskanen, Boqvist, Provorov, Fabbro, Dillon, Jokiharju, Liljegren, Marino, Mayfield, Moser, Smith

G: Oettinger, Forsberg, Merzlikins, Mrazek

Minors: Beecher, Heponiemi, Kulich, L'Heureux, Bellows, Kaut, Lind, Bichsel, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, Samberg, Ingram

2023 Draft Picks: 41st and 59th overall
    2024 Draft Picks: 1 - 1st round (1-20) and 1 - 3rd round (40-60)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’ve messaged everyone that said they were interested

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    For the record, the league rules actually are publicly visible: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...jxpdl6pc/rules
    Thanks, Gavin C.

I have a couple of questions regarding the draft.
    How is the "random" draft order selected? By Fantrax?
    The rules page states the draft is non snake, but I believe you said it is snake/serpentine. Could you verify how the draft will work please.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The order is generated and emailed to everyone through draftordergenerator.com
    We’ve always done snake in our leagues but once the league is full we will have a vote if teams would prefer snake or non snake. For example if we vote non snake, the team that picks last in the team draft would then pick 1st overall in every round. One of the members that joined suggested that so we will cast a vote as we do with any rule change.
    I’ve ran several successful leagues before and always make sure the majority is on board with any rule change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    Thanks, Gavin C.

I have a couple of questions regarding the draft.
    How is the "random" draft order selected? By Fantrax?
    The rules page states the draft is non snake, but I believe you said it is snake/serpentine. Could you verify how the draft will work please.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Cpedersen84 View Post
    The order is generated and emailed to everyone through draftordergenerator.com
    We’ve always done snake in our leagues but once the league is full we will have a vote if teams would prefer snake or non snake. For example if we vote non snake, the team that picks last in the team draft would then pick 1st overall in every round. One of the members that joined suggested that so we will cast a vote as we do with any rule change.
    I’ve ran several successful leagues before and always make sure the majority is on board with any rule change.
    Seriously. How can you even consider doing a 30 round non-snake draft with 31 teams. Whoever picks last is going to have the worst team in the history of fantasy sports.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As I said we’ve always done snake, and as the league is listed it is a snake. We are simply voting, if 16 of the 31 want a regular then we would but in all likelihood it will be a snake.
    I run another league that was done on snake and went well and am in an additional one that was also snake.