Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Korpisalo vs. Merzlikins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Korpisalo vs. Merzlikins

I don't think there's been enough discussion about CMB Gs for next season...

How do you think this will play out? Was Bob this brilliant or does CMB have a system that will also make these two look good? After the guys they've lost, they're probably going to focus more on defense anyway...

And how do you think these two will share the playing time once everything is said and done?
    I'm pretty high on Merzlikins as I've seen him play here in Switzerland a lot (and he sure is good). On the other hand, I can't really judge Korpisalo...

Timeshare? Or who gets the upper hand and which guy will it be?
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Korpisalo vs. Merzlikins

Assuming they don't trade for another goalie, I think they may just run them out with a win-and-you're-in approach. Korpisalo gets the opening night start based on service time. I don't see Columbus as a playoff team this year, but they have a solid D core, and could try to win that way. It won't be a goalie graveyard, but the wins will be harder to come by, and the ratios won't be sparkling.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

My take is that they will start the season with Korpisalo as the starter, but 20-30 games into the season Merzlikins will take over the job.

This team had a real hard time scoring last year, and after losing Panarin goals will be even harder to come by. I don't see Columbus making the playoffs.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Giant

this one feels like "Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich" to me ...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

The "rumors" prior to the end of the season had the Blue Jackets maybe reaching out to acquire someone like Jonathan Quick from LA but who knows where that goes.

Right now, I think both goalies will get their chance and it wont surprise me if both see equal time. Im not as confident in one or the other running away with it yet but it wasn't that long ago that Korpisalo was the heir apparent so I expect he will get more cracks to run with it than Elvis. Again, who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Short term I think they bring in someone with experience and start Merzlikins in the minors. Just my gut feeling. Long-term I think Merzlikins beats out Korpisalo quite easily.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    this one feels like "Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich" to me ...
    Heeeyyyy, I own that Turd Sandwich! lol I'm cheering for Elvis to run with the starting gig, but that might be too much to ask from a guy with no NHL experience.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Heeeyyyy, I own that Turd Sandwich! lol I'm cheering for Elvis to run with the starting gig, but that might be too much to ask from a guy with no NHL experience.
    And I own the Giant Douche...but so far it's been hard to defend him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If Torts will start Eddie Lack over Luongo in the Winter Classic... who knows what he'll do with two goalies like this??

The whole team will suffer for Torts' frustrations.
    Extra lines until he can decide on his next game starter.

Seriously, if they don't sign another goalie... no one can predict what will happen in CBJ's net this year. Korps has done nothing to earn Torts' trust.

Neither has Elvis...

and what happens if Tortz isn't an Elvis music fan??
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Bobrovsky was that good, has 2 Vezinas in Columbus, and Torts often didn't trust HIM.

I figure this is a mess of situation, and you should stay away in formats other than dynasty, deep keeper or daily starts.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

If I was a PA announcer in a rival building it would be nearly impossible for me to resist calling out "Elvis has left the building!" in the event Merzlikins was pulled. You can't name a kid Elvis, man.. Ya just can't...

I'm pulling for him though. Name like that, kid's gotta be good. He's dominated a lesser league. Has to be worth something. I'd roll the dice on the king of rock n roll.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    You can't name a kid Elvis, man.. Ya just can't.
    It's not that bad on this side if the Atlantic. Obviously still everyone knows Elvis Presley, but it's not like you'd get bullied because of it or that people would constantly throw Elvis quotes at you...
    For some reason male Latvian names seem to very often end on "S", which probably makes Elvis a modern option...: SandiS Ozolinsh, ArthurS Irbe, SkarlinS Skrastins, ZemguS Girgensons, TheodorS BlugerS - Elvis Merzlikins kind of fits in perfectly here, no?
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Pro

I prefer gamble on Merzlikins here. For me , there’s no chance for Korpisalo to be #1 long term. With Elvis, there is little hope he can and that’s all i need!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

All joking aside, we basically know at this point that Korpisalo isn't anything special. You might as well roll the dice on Elvis and see what happens. That's what I would prefer.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    All joking aside, we basically know at this point that Korpisalo isn't anything special. You might as well roll the dice on Elvis and see what happens. That's what I would prefer.
    +1. I don’t think Korpisalo has it either. By the end of next year I think there’s a good chance Elvis has shown us what he is.