Thread: Who'd you pick?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Who'd you pick?

I know this may be asking a lot, but as of now, I'd be drafting 4th, 5th, 14th, 16th and 47th overall in our upcoming draft. We only draft 2019 players. In a points only league, who'd you be targeting with those picks? Thanks for any advice given.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who'd you pick?

4 - Turcotte/Byram
    5 - Zegras
    14 - Krebs/Newhook/Kaliyev/Tomasino
    16/17 - Kaliyev/Tomasino/Suzuki/McMichael
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    4 - Turcotte/Byram
    5 - Zegras
    14 - Krebs/Newhook/Kaliyev/Tomasino
    16/17 - Kaliyev/Tomasino/Suzuki/McMichael
    I can't argue with this; I am also very happy to see you have your first round pick this year (and then some). Keep at the patient approach; you will get there.

Dobber Sports Giant

My list is a little bit different from Eskimo, but I really like his choices:

4 - Turcotte, Byram
    5 - Zegras, Cozens
    14 - Krebs, Newhook, Tomasino, Kaliyev
    16/17 - Kaliyev, Brink, Dorofeyev
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks everyone. Rep'd who I could. Sorry Eskimo Brother, they won't let me but I shall not forget what you've done this day. Does anyone think Caufield would be a good choice as well at 4th or 5th? I've got a thing for him and really want him on my squad haha. I'm assuming you all would agree at 47, I could just toss a dart?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Thanks everyone. Rep'd who I could. Sorry Eskimo Brother, they won't let me but I shall not forget what you've done this day. Does anyone think Caufield would be a good choice as well at 4th or 5th? I've got a thing for him and really want him on my squad haha. I'm assuming you all would agree at 47, I could just toss a dart?
    Points-only I have him behind Zegras, so I didn't think to include him in the recommendations. But he's a worthwhile choice, and I could see him going around 5 in a lot of drafts. But he's going to excel more so in leagues with positional scarcity of wingers and Goal-based statistics. I think I'd prefer Zegras in pure points formats, but if you ultimately decided to go with Turcotte-Caufield at 4-5 that would be totally fine. I think CC is going to be a prolific goal-scorer in the NHL in a couple years time.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I know this may be asking a lot, but as of now, I'd be drafting 4th, 5th, 14th, 16th and 47th overall in our upcoming draft. We only draft 2019 players. In a points only league, who'd you be targeting with those picks? Thanks for any advice given.
    No offense... but you are asking this question the wrong way.
    If you asked it this way of the Red Wings in 2018... they'd probably say "At #6, we expect to take Quinn Hughes."
    Except that Arizona took Barrett Hayton at #5, so Filip Zadina - once considered a #2/#3 pick in the 2018 draft - was available for the Detroit Red Wings at #6... and take him, they did.

So, here... just make a TOP 16 list.
    You never know if somebody is going to fall.
    People are giving you the players they like at #14, but what if Caufield is there (like the NHL draft), what if Matt Boldy is there??? The lists above don't say where those players should/would go... and if they are on the board at pick #14... do you know whether they are better or worse than the players other people are listing?!?

Make a top 16 list.
    Period.

Dobber Sports Giant

Points-only Top 16:

1. Hughes
    2. Kakko
    3. Turcotte
    4. Byram
    5. Zegras
    6. Caufield
    7. Cozens
    8. Krebs
    9. Newhook
    10. Boldy
    11. Dach
    12. Podkolzin
    13. Tomasino
    14. Kaliyev
    15. Brink
    16. Dorofeyev

It's really tough to place Byram in this list, but I really like his upside going forward with Colorado. For reference, Byram and Dach both played in the WHL and Byram finished with more Goals ... He's got a ton of upside.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^That's a good one. OP can send mounD some rep!

Dobber Sports Padawan

It won't let me haha. But I won't forget. Thanks everyone! Super appreciated!