Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zaitsev for Ceci

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Zaitsev for Ceci

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think Ben Harpur could give the Leafs really good value. I'd rather him than Hainsey.
    Based on what? Hes not a good Dman. The eyes tell you that when you watch him and the analytics show that too. Unless the Leafs are looking to improve their fighting stats, hes not offering much more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    well this makes no sense to me...I thought they wanted to save cap space. Instead, they trade Zaitsev AND Brown and sign Ceci for the same money that Zaitsev was earning. I actually think Zaitsev is a better dman as well, so this is very, very odd.

This deal doesn't seem to solve any of Toronto's problems. They aren't any stronger on defense and they still have cap issues.
    It makes perfect sense when you only have one year of Ceci vs five more years of Zaitsev. Long term cap savings.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    It makes perfect sense when you only have one year of Ceci vs five more years of Zaitsev. Long term cap savings.
    I guess...it just pushes the issue down the road a bit. Ceci will be up for another contract the year after and then he will get MORE than Zaitsev.

Or, they just let Ceci walk, or deal him.

I don't see how this helps them all that much. Short-term, their defense still sucks and they have cap issues. Long-term, they still have to find a RHD to replace Ceci/Zaitsev and they still have cap issues.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

I guess...it just pushes the issue down the road a bit. Ceci will be up for another contract the year after and then he will get MORE than Zaitsev.

I don't see how this helps them all that much. Short-term, their defense still sucks and they have cap issues. Long-term, they still have to find a RHD to replace Ceci/Zaitsev and they still have cap issues.
    It's the flexibility. That's the win here. They can re-sign him, but they don't HAVE to.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

There's zero chance Ceci is a Leaf beyond this season. If he had forced the arbitration angle he'd be gone even before this summer was over. Leafs will let him walk for sure. This was forced on us because of Zaitsev asking for a trade so we used the opportunity to get out from a bad 5yr commitment.

We might have to eat a year of crappy D then see what the options are next summer for the $4.5M it'll open up. Unless there are more moves coming.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Based on what? Hes not a good Dman. The eyes tell you that when you watch him and the analytics show that too. Unless the Leafs are looking to improve their fighting stats, hes not offering much more.
    Based on my eyeballs; I think he could provide value on the PK and as a 6th D. He makes next to nothing, so it's not like he was a cap dump. Why would Toronto include him in the package if they didn't want him in some capacity?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    lmao, of course ottawa gave up a third-round pick in addition to helping the Leafs shed $6.6m in salary. Just incredible.
    The Sens are most likely adding value because Toronto is helping them get to the cap floor without having to send the actual $$$
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar