Thread: Nick Robertson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Nick Robertson

Talk to me. What's this kid's likely trajectory and upside?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Nick Robertson

He's a little undersized, and not the best skater, but man can this kid dangle. He's got some unbelievable hands, really elite puck skills. His second best attribute is probably his shot, which boasts a quick release and good accuracy. Above average hockey sense, and he seems to compete pretty hard. It's basically his lackluster skating and diminutive size that hold back his value. He's certainly got first-round quality skill set, and I think he was a fantastic pick for Toronto at 53 (I had him projected inside the first round).

If I had to guess on upside, I would say 55-60 point scoring winger top-six forward. Realistic timeline getting to the NHL would be 3+ seasons, and then who knows how long in potentially reaching his upside. He's a long term prospect, but one with good value once the more popular 2019 1st round forwards are drafted. I've got him ranked right behind the Tomasino, Kaliyev, Brink, Dorofeyev tier of forwards -- alongside Suzuki, Pelletier, guys like that.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

I'm a fan. Considered him a top-30 talent in the draft class. Great production for one of the younger guys in the draft class. Players who go where he did tend to take time. 2 more years of Major Junior, at least 1 year of pro play in the AHL.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the replies - I've heard good things. I saw Cam Robinson has him ranked in the 1st round also...

I got him 25th overall

He might just crack the Maple Leafs roster at their current win-now peak