Thread: Run 3 goalies or not

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Run 3 goalies or not

Hey All,

Hoping to get some advice on my bench and if I need another goalie, we've got 5 bench spots and currently I have 3F and 2D. Positions as followed: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F, 5D, 2G, 5B I'm wondering what you would do in this league? I think I might need to trade one of my D for a goalie? It seems goalie pts are quite high with goalies averaging the most FP/G

For example
    Vasilevsky - 15pg
    Broissoit, Andersen, Binnington, Murray, Kuemper, Domingiue, Greiss - between 12-13pg

The closest player is Ovechkin at 11.8 and he was 77 points (total) ahead of the 2nd place Kucherov who was 10.9pg

But obviously, the counter argument is that skaters play every game (pending no injuries), so I'm torn and wanting the dobbergurus to help me.

League/Team in sig
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Run 3 goalies or not

What's the performance per game of the bench skater you would be turning into a goalie?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

You have a very young team; do you have a legit chance to win this year?

If you don't, I'd just stick with what you have...you have two goalies in your farm that may be the answer in a year or two.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I typically keep one of my bench spots for a week to week stream position, checking GP and match ups....

Like Eskimo said it'll be dependent on whoever you'd be replacing on the bench with, it'll also come down to goalie starts as I'm sure the third goalie won't likely be a starter...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry guys! lots of info I left out there.

3 Goalie Stars per week

Streaming isn't really an option as only 3 FA adds per week - we're trying to keep streaming out

I'd likely need to trade any one of my defenders in order to get a goalie - I'm sure I could pick up a decent goalie for one of them though.

I've got an outside shot at winning this year, I don't have my 1st (I've got three better 1sts) so I'm definitely going for the playoffs, but there are some pretty good teams once I make the playoffs, will just depend if my young guns step up - I'm more hoping to become the first 'dynasty'
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Genius

I am of the opinion that "goalies are only expensive when you need one" and "goalies rarely win you a league, but they certainly can lose you a league".

I always like to have an extra goalie sitting on the bench as insurance.

With SAVES as a category in your league, I think it is a no brainer to want to have 3 goalies on your roster.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    Sorry guys! lots of info I left out there.

3 Goalie Stars per week

Streaming isn't really an option as only 3 FA adds per week - we're trying to keep streaming out

I'd likely need to trade any one of my defenders in order to get a goalie - I'm sure I could pick up a decent goalie for one of them though.

I've got an outside shot at winning this year, I don't have my 1st (I've got three better 1sts) so I'm definitely going for the playoffs, but there are some pretty good teams once I make the playoffs, will just depend if my young guns step up - I'm more hoping to become the first 'dynasty'
    Can you give us the usual points per game of the bottom guys on your roster?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Can you give us the usual points per game of the bottom guys on your roster?

Its tough to say as I’ve made a lot of changes this off season. At the moment I run 3f 2d and I think considering how many forwArds there are I’d need to drop a defender in which case it’d be one of my studs.

My forwrds are a little weak on the bench at the moment with Keller and Comtois/Batherson (haven’t decided who yet)