Thread: 9oa- Cozens or Zegras??!!

The Great One

Default 9oa- Cozens or Zegras??!!

Been a really funny draft with knight going 4th and I reached for Caufield at 6. Krebs went 7?? It's been nutty. Long story short these guys both available at 9. I'm such a big zegras fan but Cozens really should NOT have fallen this far right? Dach is still available too.

Lastly I'm trying to trade cal Petersen and the 9th for valiardi and the 13th and just grab whoever's left. Smooth move?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 9oa- Cozens or Zegras??!!

I'd rather draft at 9 I think...

I lean Cozens here... but wouldn't be surprised if Zegras becomes the better pure point producer
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

All three forwards are good and roughly the same, but I'd give the tiny fantasy edge to Zegras.

I wouldn't deal for Vilardi unless there's evidence that he can play a full season without his back preventing him from moving. The chances that he will never play a full season in the NHL are enough to make me want someone else to take the risk unless the purchase price is near zero.

Dobber Sports Titan

Zegras
    And keep 9.
    Also I took Krebs at 8 in my draft. Not really much of a reach. He fell in the NHL draft because GMs reached for Dmen.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

There was a thread about these two a couple weeks ago (search is your friend )

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...gras-vs-Cozens
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Krebs and Newhook looked like the much more dangerous players at the recent U18s with Canada, so it's not entirely surprising that Cozens slipped down the board a little bit. That said, I'm thinking Zegras is the proper choice here. With Points, PPP, and PIM as categories he should have no trouble being a diverse point-producing asset for your team down the road.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

I took Zegras and I feel pretty good about it I think. I totally forgot about newhook! I'm basically skipping dmen this year until later as my d is jammed already with a few really nice prospects already brannstrom Niku and kandre Miller (also in talks to maybe get Bouchard down the line although they've stalled a bit). Is newhook reasonable if he's there at 16?? I doubt Cozens is and I'm avoiding Dach as it's a bangers and mash league and his totals are a little too "assist-heavy" for my liking...

Dobber Sports Legend

Zegras is going to be a very nice producer IMO. I would take him over Cozens.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Zegras is going to be a very nice producer IMO. I would take him over Cozens.
    I agree with you again. I am really high on Zegras and would pick him to be the 3rd best forward from the draft. I was elated to get him at #10 in my draft after trying to trade for him from #7 onward.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I took Zegras and I feel pretty good about it I think. I totally forgot about newhook! I'm basically skipping dmen this year until later as my d is jammed already with a few really nice prospects already brannstrom Niku and kandre Miller (also in talks to maybe get Bouchard down the line although they've stalled a bit). Is newhook reasonable if he's there at 16?? I doubt Cozens is and I'm avoiding Dach as it's a bangers and mash league and his totals are a little too "assist-heavy" for my liking...
    Newhook is more likely to be there at 16, and I prefer him to Dach (he's about on par with Cozens imo).
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

I got zegras. Cozens went next at 10. Newhook didn't slide to 16- got sniped- at 14. I'm up in 2 at 16- should I go off the board for Kaliyev??