Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wahlstrom

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Wahlstrom

What would be a realistic expectation for Wahlstrom? Any chance he’s Barzal’s future wing man?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Wahlstrom

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    What would be a realistic expectation for Wahlstrom? Any chance he’s Barzal’s future wing man?
    Sure but not this season.
    12 team H2H keeper league. Scoring: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blocked shots, PPP, SOG, GWG Goalie categories W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    Keep 13 players and 6 Farm players must be under 24 and played less then 100 NHL career games. If under 24 but played over 100 games they cannot stay on farm but do not have to be protected in off season.
    C: E. Malkin, R. Hartman, M. Zibanejad , J. Eriksson Ek M. Frost
    LW: C. Keller, R.Thomas A. Kempe
    RW: P.Kane, V.Tarasenko T. Bertuzzi
    D: K.Letang, A. Fox, M. Rielly, S. Theodore
    G: [/B], I.Shesterkin, F.Andersen, J. Oettinger

Farm: T. Foerster, A. Holtz, B. Clarke, Tyler Boucher, Lukas Dostal, Mavrik Bourque

Dobber Sports Ace

I assumed not this year. I just have a hard time staying patient with my prospects. Just curious what people think he’s capable of down the road.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I assumed not this year. I just have a hard time staying patient with my prospects. Just curious what people think he’s capable of down the road.
    Wahlstrom had a meh kinda year. Under performed for BC, was so-so at World Juniors. He looked good in a very small sample size at the AHL level. They are having prospect camp this week so I would pay attention to any report coming out of that camp. Cheers
    12 team H2H keeper league. Scoring: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blocked shots, PPP, SOG, GWG Goalie categories W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    Keep 13 players and 6 Farm players must be under 24 and played less then 100 NHL career games. If under 24 but played over 100 games they cannot stay on farm but do not have to be protected in off season.
    C: E. Malkin, R. Hartman, M. Zibanejad , J. Eriksson Ek M. Frost
    LW: C. Keller, R.Thomas A. Kempe
    RW: P.Kane, V.Tarasenko T. Bertuzzi
    D: K.Letang, A. Fox, M. Rielly, S. Theodore
    G: [/B], I.Shesterkin, F.Andersen, J. Oettinger

Farm: T. Foerster, A. Holtz, B. Clarke, Tyler Boucher, Lukas Dostal, Mavrik Bourque

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the feedback!

The Great One

Most recent Dobber report has him as 32nd best prospect to own, with an upside of Time Meier. Even his 3YP (54 points) suggests a very bright outlook. He's a high end prospect, but you will need to be patient (unless your plan is to flip him for immediate help?)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Flan View Post
    Wahlstrom had a meh kinda year. Under performed for BC, was so-so at World Juniors. He looked good in a very small sample size at the AHL level. They are having prospect camp this week so I would pay attention to any report coming out of that camp. Cheers
    Good summary.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

I doubt he would fetch much of a return for me if I flipped him now. I may need to be patient and see what happens. I do like that 3YP. By then we should know who the real Barzal is. Could end up being a great combo one day.

Dobber Sports Master

I doubt he would fetch much of a return for me if I flipped him now. I may need to be patient and see what happens. I do like that 3YP. By then we should know who the real Barzal is. Could end up being a great combo one day.
    why would you be in a rush to move a guy that I'd imagine went at least top 10 in most fantasy drafts last summer . just sit on him for awhile while competing with regular roster .

Dobber Sports Giant

For the record "3YP" is not an outlook as to where the player is going to be in three years' time. Rather, it is an attempt to encapsulate, in an average, the mean point between the player's three most productive seasons during their career. When a player's 3YP is 54 it means that Dobber projects that an average of this player's three most productive seasons will be 54 points.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya I agree with Butch. You need to show patience here. In most of my fantasy drafts, he went in the top 5 last year. Personally, I took Tkachuk over him in two of my drafts last year (thank god) but he was still a high draft pick in fantasy leagues ( I think he went right after I took Tkachuk in both of those leagues).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Most important rule I am still learning is patience. There's nothing worse than finding a diamond in the rough (IE: Arvidsson/Trochek) - trading him away as an add on in a deal the other GM's in the league don't see as valuable only to watch said player blow up 12-18mths after the deal. And then try to re-acquire paying a premium to recuperate the original lack of patience.

Wahlstrom isn't the same, he's already tagged as a known commodity. The same patience principle applies. I'd move him to get an upgrade and fill a roster need, otherwise, patience is key.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

So many down on Oliver W these days based off his lack of production on an absolutely terrible college team last year --- I'll play devils advocate.

Boston College was flat out, all-around awful from top to bottom last season. There is a reason Wahlstrom got out of there as soon as he possibly could. From their coaching to their lack of on-ice quality -- they had their worst season since 94-95. His confidence was completely shot until he was assigned to Bridgeport.

And he will be just fine. I expect him to finish ~top-2 in scoring on Bridgeport this season and earn a big league spot out of camp next season. But I wouldn't be overly surprised if he gets the first or second call up and is playing in the Islanders top 9 before season's end (especially if Lee doesn't return).

Relax and be patient. He should be putting the puck in the back of the net a lot as soon as he gets some line-mates that can keep up with his pace and mind.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ace

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Haha

Dobber Sports Ace

I moved him for Kase + Gaudette + 12th pick.. then moved Guadette and 1st for Tuch