Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long is Byram buried ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default How long is Byram buried ?

How long until Byram gets prime offensive opportunity in Colorado?

Kid's accolades seem off the chart but he's conceivably buried behind Barrie, Makar and maybe even Girard...

What's his projected production timeline?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: How long is Byram buried ?

Barrie will likely be moved soon and Makar will step into his role on the main PP unit. Byram might get some PP2 time out of the gate.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

I get what Colorado is going for with an army on the blue line.

But this can't be good for Byram fantasy wise. Makar is going to be their no 1 offensive guy, right?

They have zero reason to rush Byram and at this stage it's hard to say what his timeline will be fantasy wise. Years is what comes to mind.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Legend

If depends on how Byram is used. Makar is a clear cut, offensive dynamo--that's his bread and butter. Byram has some sweet offensive chops but he's a complete, two-way beast. My best guess is that we're likely looking at a Gostisbehere-Provorov situation in Philly. Provorov has some awesome offense (hence his 17 G season) but Ghost gets the juicy PP action because that's his calling card. I think it will be similar in Colorado--unless they pull a Suter-Weber or Shattenkirk-Pietrangelo and play them both on the main PP.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't even think he makes the team this year. My honest opinion is they won't rush him into the lineup and let him develop. Especially being a young D prospect. If at some point in the near future he does make the team, I think the AVs will do whatever is necessary to get full value out of him.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I don't even think he makes the team this year. My honest opinion is they won't rush him into the lineup and let him develop. Especially being a young D prospect. If at some point in the near future he does make the team, I think the AVs will do whatever is necessary to get full value out of him.
    So not a Dahlin situation? Not saying he's as good... or is he? I wonder if those other guys weren't there if it would make a difference

Dobber Sports Deity

It's too early to say. There's no reason he and Makar can't share the spotlight but I do agree that today, it's not a great spot for him. A lot can happen before he even steps on the NHL ice.

He was arguably the BPA at that point and I'm fine drafting that way compared to drafting for positional needs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's too early to say. There's no reason he and Makar can't share the spotlight but I do agree that today, it's not a great spot for him. A lot can happen before he even steps on the NHL ice.

He was arguably the BPA at that point and I'm fine drafting that way compared to drafting for positional needs.
    One of dynasty teams is D needy... I have the 1.03, so to your point, him being BPA and a positional need is a no brainer

My team is 1-2 yrs away from being a serious contender... it would be nice if he's breaking out around that time also

But I dont see how he can be a PP1 QB with Makar there? (Given they don't resign Barrie of course)

Dobber Sports Deity

BPA for the NHL is different than it is for fantasy, at least it is for me.

I rarely draft a D early in fantasy drafts simply because I can trade for one with a skilled forward. Unless your league has categories are skewed to give D a bump, I'd take a forward with that 3rd overall pick of yours.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    BPA for the NHL is different than it is for fantasy, at least it is for me.

I rarely draft a D early in fantasy drafts simply because I can trade for one with a skilled forward. Unless your league has categories are skewed to give D a bump, I'd take a forward with that 3rd overall pick of yours.
    I see... so out of curiosity who would you take at 3? In a vacuum

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyway... dont want to make it about me... just curious how long is the wait

When Colorado drafted him I was concerned that it's a big road block to his development as a fantasy difference maker

Is he more of a Doughty than a Karlsson?

How does he stack up against Dahlin?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    I see... so out of curiosity who would you take at 3? In a vacuum
    Knowing what we know now, Turcotte.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    My best guess is that we're likely looking at a Gostisbehere-Provorov situation in Philly.
    Nice comparison. I like it

Administrator

NHL teams don't run fantasy teams so I wouldn't even rule out them re-signing Barrie somehow and going with strong depth.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

I always assume I'll be waiting 3+ years before roster-able production defensive prospects

There are two lists of 1st round defensemen: ones with Drew Doughty in it and ones with Seth Jones in it. The Seth Jones list is much longer than Drew Doughty. It can take 4-6 years before a top defensive prospect eclipses 30 points, let alone 40.

For planning purposes, I think Colorado is a fine situation for Byram even with Makar (plenty of teams have two scoring defensemen) but I wouldn't expect that to occur until 2023.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras