Thread: Blake Coleman

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Blake Coleman

For the league in my signature.

I'm considering offering my Mikael Granlund for Coleman. I need cap space and this frees $4M+. Not even sure he'd do it.

I like Coleman for a multi-cat league like mine (Fantrax rates them equally) but curious what you see Coleman becoming? Can he be a Wayne Simmonds at 30-30? Or is he a 20-10 with hits?

Thanks!
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Blake Coleman

I think he's got a pretty safe floor right now, and the diverse multi-cat production lessens the ups and downs when it comes to scoring. That said, if he can manage to solidify that top-six ice time he could become a very, very valuable winger in leagues like yours. NJ likely adding Hughes to the mix in that forward group with Hischier, Hall, Palmieri, etc. he should have some very good line mates next season and beyond. He's a big time sleeper for next season, and at that cost I would definitely be looking to pull the trigger. Guys like Granlund are usually overrated in multi-cat leagues, and this is one of those under-the-radar type moves that really help you stack up championships.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Icon

I would stick with Mikael Granlund. Blake Coleman likely had a career season last year. The Devils will be adding TWO top 6 forwards to their lineup this season as Taylor Hall missed 49 games last year. Even without Hall last season, it took Coleman about 60 games before he received any PP1 time. With Hall and Hughes in the lineup for next season, Coleman will not see much offensive time as he should be placed in a matchup role.

Little known fact...Mikael Granlund is younger than Blake Coleman.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would stick with Mikael Granlund. Blake Coleman likely had a career season last year. The Devils will be adding TWO top 6 forwards to their lineup this season as Taylor Hall missed 49 games last year. Even without Hall last season, it took Coleman about 60 games before he received any PP1 time. With Hall and Hughes in the lineup for next season, Coleman will not see much offensive time as he should be placed in a matchup role.

Little known fact...Mikael Granlund is younger than Blake Coleman.
    Yeah, there's no way Coleman is going to be getting any PP1 ice-time at this point. I didn't mean to suggest that type of deployment. But I do think he's done enough that guys like Bratt and Boqvist aren't going to eat away at all his opportunities. Outside of Hischier, Hall, Palmieri, and Hughes, which Devils forwards can you say are *for sure* better than Coleman right now? He's going to get some looks, and if he can maintain similar shot rates to last season, a year in which he saw those numbers skyrocket, there should be a safe floor there. He's never going to wow with the offensive production, but we're talking multi-cat production here and he's in as good a spot as any power forward yet to really emerge.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

I like Granlund and feel way more certain about him. It's hard to value salary savings and multi-cat performance.

I'm comfortable marking Coleman at 20-20-40 with 200+ SOG and 200+ hits for the next few years.

Granlund is a 20-35-55 (in Nashville) with better +/- and PPP.

My multi-cat intuition says their value is pretty close even without the salary savings assuming these projections are close (with an obvious edge to Granlund due to past performance). The $4.7M is pretty substantial.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Administrator

I'd be dangling the scoring upside of Granlund to try to acquire more than just Coleman in the trade, but would rather have Coleman and the cap savings on my roster.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg