Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Puljujarvi Requests Trade From Oilers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Puljujarvi Requests Trade From Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Pulj for Connor Brown makes way too much sense not to happen. Leafs would have to sweeten it, but I say it's coming.
    Why would the Oilers trade a just turned 21 year old former 4th overall pick who played injured all last season for a 4th line winger who's making over $2M per season and needs a new contract next year? That deal makes no sense for the Oilers. The Leafs would need to add their 2020 1st round pick for that deal to be close to fair market value.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Why would the Oilers trade a just turned 21 year old former 4th overall pick who played injured all last season for a 4th line winger who's making over $2M per season and needs a new contract next year? That deal makes no sense for the Oilers. The Leafs would need to add their 2020 1st round pick for that deal to be close to fair market value.
    Brown's not a 4th liner. His career stats show that.
    Last year, the Leafs' depth plus Babcock's loyalty (e.g. giving Marleau better minutes than Brown) is why Brown's production dropped. Prior to that, you'll notice he was a 20 goal scorer when given a decent chance.
    The Oilers recognize that there is more to Brown than the incorrect perception of him as an overpaid 4th liner.

Also, Pulj sucks. At least, he has so far. The Leafs would be taking a huge gamble offering anything for this guy as he would then become their headache.
    And he's asked for a trade. So the Oilers aren't exactly dealing from a position of strength.
    Even saying that, I already acknowledged the Leafs would have to sweeten the deal. A 1st round pick is ludicrous. But a 2nd maybe.

Dobber Sports Pro

Time to resurrect the Bennett for Puljujarvi rumours, eh Axe?

Dobber Sports Padawan

"If he doesn't get traded, he will play in Europe next season. He will not play in Edmonton."
    - Puljujarvi's agent

Brown and a 2nd is starting to look like too much.

Dobber Sports Pro

Is he even good?

Dobber Sports Deity

"If he doesn't get traded, he will play in Europe next season. He will not play in Edmonton."
    - Puljujarvi's agent

I dont see how that quote would affect his trade value today unless the team that would acquire him felt hes still headed to Europe after a trade.

As I said earlier, I'm good with him playing in Europe next season if it comes to that. Its not like he's contributing to the Oilers most nights anyways so let him play somewhere where his development is increased to help his trade value. It's better than trading him for pennies on the dollar today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

L
    - Puljujarvi's agent

No he likely won’t play in Edmonton. But that COULD be because he hasn’t been good enough to earn a roster spot regardless of this empty threat.

Administrator

Letting him go to Europe for a year wouldn't be the worst outcome.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    L

No he likely won’t play in Edmonton. But that COULD be because he hasn’t been good enough to earn a roster spot regardless of this empty threat.
    Sure maybe. Imagine what his career could have been if they recognized that and let him stay in one league for an extended period of time instead of yo-yoing him back and forth in a whim every couple of months.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Do Oilers fans say no to this deal? Ceci and the 19th overall for Lucic, Puljujarvi and the 8th?

The Great One

LOL Puljujarvi isn't even worth a 1st himself.

Brown has more goals than Puljujarvi has points.

Give me Brown over Puljujarvi anyday of the week. Especially at $2M.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Do Oilers fans say no to this deal? Ceci and the 19th overall for Lucic, Puljujarvi and the 8th?
    Drop the picks and it makes you think pretty hard.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can't blame the guy. He looked bad right from the day he was drafted, so it's hard to say if he was ever going to pan out, but I cant blame any player, young or old, for running as far away from the Oilers as they can. McDavid will be next as soon as he is able.

Dobber Sports Deity

Sounds like Ken and I agree on this, and this makes me happy.

https://twitter.com/NHLbyMatty/statu...752346625?s=19

Ken Holland on Jesse Puljujarvi: "I'm not giving a player away because they're unhappy. No way. If I trade any player I have to get fair value or I'm not doing it. I'm not trading a player to get him out of my hair."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm not sure you understand just how far his value has fallen.