Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mock Drafts - 2019 NHL Draft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Mock Drafts - 2019 NHL Draft

I just figured I would start a thread for people to drop their Mock Drafts if they so wish.

I am still fine-tuning mine, but I will get it posted here before the draft.

Feel free to be as creative as you want and include trade and whatever else you wish!

Afterwards, if you feel like you had the best mock draft, be sure to come back and brag about it!!

And FYI... if the Flyers keep the #11 pick, it will be to select Peyton Krebs. if he goes before then, I am guessing Fletcher trades the pick.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Mock Drafts - 2019 NHL Draft

Pengs 15 Player Mock ('cause it ain't interesting after the top 15, IMO):

1. Hughes (NJ) - 'cause everybody says so.
    2. Kakko (NYR) - 'cause Rangers are taking the guy left.
    3. Turcotte (CHI) - team needs C2 badly and has restocked their D nicely in last few years.
    4. Byram (COL) - Sakic is from BC... and BC boys like their own. LHD future pairing with Makar, um yes.
    5. Zegras (LA) - Unless Byram is still here (unlikely).
    6. Caufield (*DET) - I actually can see Detroit/Yzerman trading down here, because I think they'd be happy with Broberg. I also think the league has seen enough of Debrincat success to up-value Caufield to here.
    7. Cozens (BUF) - Botterill is a big western Canadian, so it won't surprise me to see him go with either Cozens or Dach. I think the emphasis on good skaters pushes Cozens to be drafted first.
    8. Krebs (EDM) - In the ever-search for a McDavid click-winger, they need somebody that can keep pace. So I like Krebs over Dach here.
    9. Boldy (ANA) - This seems like a good fit for Anaheim. I always find their picks to be the most unsexy of NHL teams.
    10. Broberg (VAN) - The last two VAN first round picks were a Swede and a defensemen - that seems to have left a good taste in everybody's mouth.
    11. Soderstrom (PHI) - Apparently Chuck Fletcher thinks RH defensemen are this uber-fantastic commodity... so, this is what Chuck is gonna do.
    12. Dach (MIN) - He's the one guy I think could slide, and he'll be called "best on the board" here, so off he goes.
    13. York (FLA) - One of the teams that might draft positionally - since they have nice young Fs, will probably sign Bob & Panarin.
    14. Podkolzin (ARI) - Possible drop only because the teams prior have made their Russian draft risks in prior years and I'm not sure any of them (Kaprizov-MIN, Denisenko-FLA) want to be on the hook for a 2nd guy. Chayka has no "Russia Risk"... yet.
    15. Harley (MON) - Montreal could use a solid D prospect in their pipeline.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1. Hughes (NJ) : Logical
    2. Kakko (NYR) : Logical
    3. Turcotte (CHI) : Turcotte could have a been a #1 pick in a soft draft (Hischier/Patrick kind of)
    4. Zegras (COL) : If it wasn't Colorado at #4 and their big need of a good C, Zegras could slide a little bit. Byram and Caufield potential are better than Zegras.
    5. Byram (LA) : They already clear some space with the Phaneuf buyout.
    6. Podkolzin (DET) : Podkolzin will be drafted by a team that can wait 2 years to be competitive. Detroit seems a good city for that.
    7. Caufield (BUF) : Samething with Caufield (Wisconsin) but Buffalo can't let him pass under their nose
    8. Broberg (EDM) : Everybody said that McDavid need a winger... Even with the selection of Bouchard last year, I see another need of D-Man by the Oilers.
    9. Cozens (ANA) : I don't know why but I don't like Cozens and Dach. It's the same with Anaheim and Minnessota... I see a good fit like Pengwin7 said.
    10. Soderstrom (VAN) : Rebuilding with Soderstrom/Hughes/Juolevi, a nice big three for them for the future.
    11. Boldy (PHI) : Hard to evaluate Boldy with the USA-U18 dream team. They need a winger and it's a good thing that rookies have a maximum salary cap with Fletcher as a GM...
    12. Dach (MIN) : See arguments at #9
    13. York (FLA) : They need a D-man and will try their best to take the best available offensively. Unfortunately, Byram and Broberg will be already gone
    14. Newhook (ARI) : His BCHL season is hard to compare with the others leagues. Fortunately, his skill sets are easy to see.
    15. Krebs (MON) : Montreal will try to acquire his LHD by transactions and will select the player available between Newhook and Krebs
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Titan

1. Hughes (NJ) : Default
    2. Kakko (NYR) : Default
    3. Turcotte (CHI) : Need a C more than a D
    4. Byram (COL) : Byram is the best available and you don't pass on BPA if it's a Dman.
    5. Zegras (LA) : Seems like the consensus next guy.
    6. Cozens (VAN) : Big centremen go earlier in the draft, and VAN makes a splash to land the West Coast Pivot.
    7. Caufield (BUF) : Less in need to strike gold with a D or C than most teams
    8. Boldy (EDM) : Less of a big name, but the kind of player EDM needs.
    9. Dach (ANA) : They take the other big C here.
    10. Seider (Det) : I think Yzerman trades back as far as he is comfortable for his BPA (especially with Fletcher seeming to have a thing recently for RHD).
    11. Newhook (PHI) : Centres go first, and he's the top one left.
    12. Krebs (MIN) : Him and Pods are the top guys left.
    13. Broberg (FLA) : Not taking Pods and happy to see Brob fall.
    14. Kaliyev (ARI) : Taking a chance on a high reward scorer.
    15. York (MON) : Taking BPA and leaning defence. No one can fault them for that.
    16. Podkolzin (COL) : Playing with house money for their second pick, they take the potential top 5 talent.
    17. Knight (VGK) : The name fits, the goalie pipeline is bare. Win/win.
    18. Soderstrom (DAL) : Going BPA even though they need a F.
    19. Heinola (OTT) : Will have less against Ottawa than most, and is used to the Finnish cold so he may actually stay. Shorter term he continues to stock the cupboard of puck moving defencemen.
    20. Harley (WPG) : After watching a whole bunch of D move on, they have to stock the cupboards.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

# Player NHL TEAM
    1 Jack Hughes (C) New Jersey Devils
    2 Kaapo Kakko (RW) New York Rangers
    3 Alex Turcotte (C) Chicago Blackhawks
    4 Bowen Byram (D) Colorado Avalanche
    5 Dylan Cozens (C) Los Angeles Kings
    6 Cole Caufield (RW) Detroit Red Wings
    7 Matthew Boldy (LW) Buffalo Sabres
    8 Cam York (D) Edmonton Oilers
    9 Kirby Dach (C) Anaheim Ducks
    10 Vasili Podkolzin (LW) Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Monster

Didn't we make a game out of guessing the top 10 last year or something?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Didn't we make a game out of guessing the top 10 last year or something?
    Yes. Was going to make thread. They do this with HFboards but they do 31 picks. I think 10-15 would be good.

Dobber Sports Deity

We used to do a two round mock draft here at one point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    # Player NHL TEAM
    1 Jack Hughes (C) New Jersey Devils
    2 Kaapo Kakko (RW) New York Rangers
    3 Alex Turcotte (C) Chicago Blackhawks
    4 Bowen Byram (D) Colorado Avalanche
    5 Dylan Cozens (C) Los Angeles Kings
    6 Cole Caufield (RW) Detroit Red Wings
    7 Matthew Boldy (LW) Buffalo Sabres
    8 Cam York (D) Edmonton Oilers
    9 Kirby Dach (C) Anaheim Ducks
    10 Vasili Podkolzin (LW) Vancouver Canucks
    Cam York for the Oilers??? I don't expect Holland to start reaching that early.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We used to do a two round mock draft here at one point.
    Like with each poster taking a team or two or three? I am in if anyone else wants to!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Like with each poster taking a team or two or three? I am in if anyone else wants to!
    Ya that's what I was referring to. It's a bit too late to do that now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Always enjoy throwing these darts!

1) Hughes - NJ
    2) Kakko - NYR
    3) Turcotte - CHI - It's been 13 years since they had a C pick in the 3-hole that worked out kinda well... time for Toews 2.0
    4) Byram - COL - They were actually hoping for Turcotte as the ideal 2C behind Mack... but Byram's a sweet consolation prize.
    5) Caufield - LA - First "woah" of the draft. They've stocked the cupboards with 2/3 C-ish guys the past few years - and Kopi's around long term - let's find him a guy that shoots like Kovalchuk 20 years ago.
    6) Zegras - DET - Tried hard to get up to draft Byram but too pricey - settle for a high-skill, versatile F. He's the guy that winds up making the Zadina pick so good. ZZ Top is 2/3's complete.
    7) Boldy - BUF - Lots of reasons I think this happens - but none fit any classic narratives - so call it a hunch.
    8) Cozens - EDM - Speed. RHS. Can play C or W. Just a natural fit imo.
    9) Soderstrom - ANA - With their litany of F prospects, need to start filling (back) up that D cupboard.
    10) Krebs - VAN - Speaking of complement... Parise 2.0 alongside Petey would be just glorious to see. Self-admitted prospect crush on Krebs tho.
    11) Broberg - VAN - Draft in Van, looking to make a splash. Deal a roster player/late picks as PHI is moving into "win now" mode with their moves.
    12) York - MIN - Wild fans are less than thrilled to see Dach still on the board and their pick done...
    13) Harley - FLA - Panther fans are less than thrilled to see Dach still on the board and their pick done...
    14) Dach - ARZ - Some new owner juju at play as ARZ get the chance to get their next D.Strome... er... wait...
    15) Lavoie - MTL - Yep. Calling it.
    16) Newhook - COL - Sakic literally skips to the podium to find his coveted future 2C still around.

Going to be a fun one - hope y'all have the chance to enjoy in real time!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Monster

Cam York for the Oilers??? I don't expect Holland to start reaching that early.
    You're stuck with York. Sorry lol

Dobber Sports Star

1. Hughes
    2. Kakko
    3. Byram (trade)
    4. Turcotte
    5. Dach
    6. Zegras
    7. Cozens
    8. Broberg
    9. Boldy
    10. Newhook
    11. Krebs
    12. Caufield
    13. Podkolzin
    14. Knight
    15. Soderstrom

Ya that's what I was referring to. It's a bit too late to do that now.
    What’s everyone’s schedule look like Friday afternoon? If we got 8-10 guys available we could rip it off in an hour

​​